Thread: ACOG 3x30 Compared to the 3.5X35 ACOG

Feedback Score

ACOG 3x30 Compared to the 3.5X35 ACOG

I've got a chance to purchase a NIB TA33-8 ACOG for $700 and was wondering what the real differences are between the 3.5X35's other than the magnification and diameter.

I've never seen or played with one or the other and don't know ifin the 3X30 is really what I want.

How does the 3X30 compared to the 3.5X35 in low light?

It will be going on a Armalite M4 style carbine with a 16 inch barrel and will be a jack of all trades AR.

http://www.trijicon.com/user/parts/p...2&categoryID=3

Feedback Score
    The smaller ACOGS are lighter, around 8 oz and have a little better eye relief (2 inches) than the standard ACOGS which have around 1.5 inches and weigh more.

The smaller ones will sit lower to the gun with proper mounts and there is less in general size to get caught on things, get in the way etc...

I'm going with the 3X model with the cross hairs for my SIG 556.
    Old age and treachery always overcome youth and skill

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    The biggest difference is the larger field of view on the TA11 and the lighter weight of the TA33.

I recently had to make the same decision, although I was also considering a few 1-4x variables as well. I finally chose the TA11F with larue QD mount. The larger field of view, increased eye relief, increased magnification (I know not by much), larger exit pupil all seemed worth the few extra ounces of weight for my needs.

However, If I were trying to put together a "lightweight " rifle/carbine the 3x Acog would prbably get the nod.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I had a chance to compare a TA33, TA11, and TA31 yesterday. I've been thinking about a TA33.

When you compare them side-by-side, the TA33 really isn't that much smaller or shorter. The weight difference is negligible as it's in the center of the rifle, not on the muzzle. The eye relief of the TA33 is a bit longer, and I seemed to get more of the "tube" effect.

The TA33 is a good bit cheaper, so best bet is to compare them, ideally shoot them, and see what works for you. Like David Thomas said, the field of view difference is significant and that's where you want to compare in person.