Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Mag Carrier Design, Input Requested

Feedback Score

New Mag Carrier Design, Input Requested

Greetings!

I'm working on a magazine carrier design I'm working on that I would like your feedback on. Pics of my initial go at it are below. The carrier shown is a double carrier for an FN FiveSeven pistol. Thanks for any input!

Thanks ahead of time for any comments!

Sincerely,
    Michael Coffman
    Owner
    Coffman Concealment Concepts, LLC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very basic, minimalist, and simple. It has a pretty good contour to it, obviously intended to be worn at or very near 9:00. Might be a little too contoured for those more generously proportioned, but hard to say from pics.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I wonder if the part that attaches to the belt could be made from flexible synthetic like Biothane or hypalon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Very basic, minimalist, and simple. It has a pretty good contour to it, obviously intended to be worn at or very near 9:00. Might be a little too contoured for those more generously proportioned, but hard to say from pics.
    I'm a "generously proportioned" guy and it does fit well.

Quote Originally Posted by GlockWRX
    I wonder if the part that attaches to the belt could be made from flexible synthetic like Biothane or hypalon.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to look into that.
    Michael Coffman
    Owner

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Looks pretty good!
    The one thing I hate about traditional kydex mag holders is that they have so much material and take up too much space (I wear a size 30 pants, I don't have much space to begin with). Yours is so minimalistic and low profile.. Heck, I'd buy one if you made a double carrier for the M&P9.

ETA: The only thing I'd be worried about would be something catching one of those side lips (possibly during a struggle?) and popping the magazine out. It'd be nice if the side lips were closer together. IMO
    Last edited by Dragk913; 11-29-12 at 18:58.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragk913 View Post
    Looks pretty good!
    The one thing I hate about traditional kydex mag holders is that they have so much material and take up too much space (I wear a size 30 pants, I don't have much space to begin with). Yours is so minimalistic and low profile.. Heck, I'd buy one if you made a double carrier for the M&P9.
    I would be happy to work one up for the M&P9. PM on its way.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragk913 View Post
    ETA: The only thing I'd be worried about would be something catching one of those side lips (possibly during a struggle?) and popping the magazine out. It'd be nice if the side lips were closer together. IMO
    That was one of my concerns when I started on the project. I've found that the fit is so tight (fit, not retention) to the magazine that it would be very difficult to get anything in there to pull it apart. The FN FiveSeven magazine are quite wide to begin with so that does exaggerate the gap. On a standard magazine (M&P9 for example) the space would be less.
    Michael Coffman
    Owner

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I would mount them a little closer together on the backing plate. is there a reason you left that much room?
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    VERY interested. Looking for a new mag carrier and this may fit the bill.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ra2bach View Post
    I would mount them a little closer together on the backing plate. is there a reason you left that much room?
    That is one modification I'll likely make on the next revision. I mounted the carriers to the backer while the backer was still flat and they were as close as the base plates would allow. When I then heated and contoured the backing, the curve spread the carriers apart from each other. Next time I'll try putting the curve in the backer prior to mounting the carriers, though it's a bit trickier of a process.
    Michael Coffman
    Owner

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal dose View Post
    VERY interested. Looking for a new mag carrier and this may fit the bill.
    PM Sent
    Michael Coffman
    Owner

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast