Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Mag Carrier Design, Input Requested

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    I really like it. Great concept, and maximizes the use of the real estate.

I'd like to buy one with "Pull the dot" belt loops, like these:

http://www.blade-tech.com/IWB-Pull-t...ir-pr-843.html

Some of us work in non-premissive environments, and this would make it much easier to clip a set of mags on and off.

Do you have a ballpark price yet?

I'd love one that held a G19 mag and a Surefire 6P.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I really like it. Great concept, and maximizes the use of the real estate.

I'd like to buy one with "Pull the dot" belt loops, like these:

http://www.blade-tech.com/IWB-Pull-t...ir-pr-843.html

Some of us work in non-premissive environments, and this would make it much easier to clip a set of mags on and off.

Do you have a ballpark price yet?

I'd love one that held a G19 mag and a Surefire 6P.
    SeriousStudent,

I'm pondering your question about the pull-dot loops. I presume you're referring to an IWB application? If so, I would likely alter the backer plate from what is used on the OWB version. Perhaps with a somewhat "W" shape with the carriers mounted to the middle and the loops mounted on the wings? That would make it tuckable. I could simply add an eyelet to the existing back plate design but I'm concerned about the loops being offset from the belt by the thickness of the magazines. That offset could be a challenge. I'm open to thoughts though.

As for mag carrier pricing, single carriers are $35 and dual carriers are $45 with the current design. IWB pull-dot loops would be an additional $10. For the time being I'm covering shipping costs on orders I can fit into a single package USPS First Class. Other shipping options are available but would require additional payment.

In order to avoid the Secret City fiasco I take payment when the product is complete and ready to ship. My current lead time is 2 weeks, subject to change should more orders come in. One thing that I strive for however is open communication. Should a delay occur you'll know promptly and that's another reason I don't take your money until your product is ready.
    Michael Coffman
    Owner
    Coffman Concealment Concepts, LLC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I love the design. This solves a big issue I have with normal closed mag pouches. In my last class we were rolling around in gravel while it was raining. My kydex pouches absolutely filled with gravel. Ever try to clean them out while still wearing them? Impossible. Of course, I found out the were collecting crap after inserting two mags into them and jamming the mags full of small rocks. Your design would clean out easy.
    I'd love to say that was my intent but the truth would be that it's a really cool unintended consequence. Thanks for mentioning that!
    Michael Coffman
    Owner

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'll be ordering a set or two.. Thanks Mike.

Feedback Score
    The easiest way to order is to send me an email (contact info is on my website) with what you'd like. I'll respond with a price and any questions that need clarification. Once I receive email confirmation then the order is placed in the queue. Once the order is complete payment can be made via the Paypal shopping cart on my site. If a different payment method is preferred then other arrangements can be made on a case by case basis.

BTW, let me know if you're LEO/Mil and I'll give you a discount.
    Michael Coffman
    Owner

Feedback Score
    Here's a similar concept applied to a pmag carrier:

Michael Coffman
    Owner

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    OP, you are doing good things. It seems like there is a battle between kydex guys on who can make the largest footprint holsters. These look great.

sent from mah gun,using my sights

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by theblackknight View Post
    OP, you are doing good things. It seems like there is a battle between kydex guys on who can make the largest footprint holsters. These look great.
    +1

Feedback Score
    Thanks guys. I'm pretty new to this gig, I've only been been at it since January. It's really been listening (reading) what you all have to say on these forums that has helped give me inspiration and ideas. Thanks for being my sounding board!
    Michael Coffman
    Owner

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great design! Would you be able to afix the rig to something like this: http://www.blackhawk.com/product/SER...ws,1394,82.htm

Doesn't have to be that exact product, but an easy on/off concept would be perfect for me.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    ---
    If not me, then who?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast