Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $20 Glock 17!

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    PLEASE READ THIS IN REGARDS TO THE RAFFLE

"PayPal notified us this week that the Glock 17 Raffle violates their "Terms of Use" agreement, so we were forced to remove the PayPal "Buy Now" button that we'd offered for purchase of our raffle tickets.

While we would hesitate to say that PayPal is strictly against the legal ownership of firearms, they have nonetheless left us with no choice but to cease the processing of payments for the raffle through their service.

We want to make it clear that anyone who has purchased raffle tickets for the Glock 17 drawing on this December 16th is still entered into the raffle for the number of tickets purchased and the drawing will still take place at the scheduled time.

For anyone who would still like to purchase a Glock 17 Raffle ticket, we have utilized Dwolla, a secure payment processing company, to enable you to do so.

Thank you for your patience in this matter. We appreciate your support and we assure you that for any future raffles, we will ensure that there will not be any such complication."

Thanks, did you want me to set up a classroom in Cali as well? I can do that in a day, flat. Sacramento shooting center. See? Done.

Best,
    Andy

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Anyone heard what happened with this raffle? The link to the website no longer works.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OPPFOR View Post
    Anyone heard what happened with this raffle? The link to the website no longer works.
    It appears the Glock raffle was 16 Dec, now when is the AR raffle?
    Last edited by Todd00000; 01-06-13 at 10:10.
    Todd
    Colt/BCM

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Recd the following when clicking on the OP's link.

Not Found

The requested URL /blog/mivf-glock-17-raffle/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Apache Server at www.mivf.org Port 80

Anyone else having that issue?
    Last edited by platoonDaddy; 01-06-13 at 10:30.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Yes, I get the same thing.

I hope this is just a temporary issue with a webserver. Their Facebook page is still live.

Please post any updates, if anyone has any further info.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Awesomeness. Read the December 31 Facebook post about the CEO resigning. Apparently he pencil-whipped the paperwork on their non-profit status, and they caught his ass.

I swear, if he took money and ****ed over the guys that it was for meant for, I hope they beat him like a rented mule.

Apparently they did have a drawing for the pistol, but the Youtube account where they announced the winner is closed. But it looks like there was a drawing.

Any of the mods feel like digging into this? Just curious, I know you guys are swamped, since it's the silly season here.

The AR rifle raffle is slated for January 17th. Have at it.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I was contacted by one of the head guys and he couldn't go into full detail but there was an issue with their CEO and the organization has had to shut down. I am not sure if it was temporary or not.

In the process of all of this the raffle for this rifle was also pulled. I ended up selling the upper and other parts that I put together because I had paid for most everything out of pocket in advance.

It does appear from what I was told that a winner was drawn and is currently in Afghanistan. I do not know anymore than that.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Awesomeness. Read the December 31 Facebook post about the CEO resigning. Apparently he pencil-whipped the paperwork on their non-profit status, and they caught his ass.

I swear, if he took money and ****ed over the guys that it was for meant for, I hope they beat him like a rented mule.

Apparently they did have a drawing for the pistol, but the Youtube account where they announced the winner is closed. But it looks like there was a drawing.

Any of the mods feel like digging into this? Just curious, I know you guys are swamped, since it's the silly season here.

The AR rifle raffle is slated for January 17th. Have at it.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Thank you, IG. I know you are a busy man, and I appreciate the time you took. Veteran's assistance organizations are a hot button for a lot of us. It's certainly something that draws a quick reaction from me.

The OP for this thread sent me the following PM, based on my post last night. I'm posting the entire PM, unedited.

SeriousStudent,

I cannot post in the GD section, but I wanted to answer some of your questions and reply to your comments. Please feel free to share as you see fit.

The AR raffle has been cancelled at this time, and those who purchased tickets were refunded to the best of our ability. Because of the ongoing dispute over funds, we cannot access any of our accounts. The Glock raffle was quite successful, and the winner has been selected. I personally have possession of the Glock and am in contact with the winner, who is currently in Afghanistan. We are working out the FFL transfer now, but due to his overseas status, he has to collect via FFL that will hold it for that period of time.

Please understand that the Foundation was a separate entity from any individual, and as an organization has been successful in helping many Grunts in need. The current situation is not something we could have ever predicted. While I know our credibility has taken a huge hit, I think it's worth mentioning that our own internal auditing is what brought up any discrepancies, and our integrity to those we pledged to assist is still as strong as ever.

I cannot at this time comment on anything regarding our former CEO. All information has been turned over to the NY Attorney General and District Attorney. As anyone would during ongoing investigations, we will refrain from commenting on anything other than known facts.

As soon as we have access to our web hosting, we will be bringing down any links to cancelled raffles, etc. Until everything is legally turned over, we cannot access those accounts.

We are working to move forward and do what is best for the Foundation and those we wanted so bad to help. We are more than happy to provide answers and information in an effort to remain transparent to the public.

Thank you

I'm willing to bet that MIVF is a bunch of very solid guys, that got misled by one guy. It looks like they are good guys that wanted to do, and have done, good things for our brothers.

All the same, if that guy is guilty, I hope there is an assbeating delivered that makes Mike Tyson look like a pansy. And if there is one thing Marine grunts know how to do, it's administer epic beatdowns.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I was contacted by one of the head guys and he couldn't go into full detail but there was an issue with their CEO and the organization has had to shut down. I am not sure if it was temporary or not.

In the process of all of this the raffle for this rifle was also pulled. I ended up selling the upper and other parts that I put together because I had paid for most everything out of pocket in advance.

It does appear from what I was told that a winner was drawn and is currently in Afghanistan. I do not know anymore than that.
    glad it went to someone deployed

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Me too. Sort of a good karma thing. I'm glad it went to a guy downrange. Let's all keep him in our thoughts and prayers, that he makes it home soon and safe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12