Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Primer Crimp Removal: Hornady Primer Pocket Reamer vs. Dillon Super Swage 600

Feedback Score
    I use the dillon swagger.
    There is a feel. Not a fault of the unit but because brass has variable head thickness. Not so much for same head stamps, but i use range pick ups which is every headstamp. A thicker head stamp will get too much swage if the setup is for the thinner head brass.

I setup for LC which is relatively thin head. I can tell when a thicker head is in the machine and i just don’t go all the way with the handle. Or else it will be over swaged.

I get it’s not a set snd forget machine. I used to cut the crimps out with the vld cutter from Lyman. But the primers can “feel” the micro grooves left by the cutting tool. And the catch on them. The swaged pocket is butter smooth when priming.

No free lunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    In a perfect world, all crimps and brass would be the same and a single setting would be fine on the swager. The only drawback for me on the Hornady cutter is positioning the brass so I can grab it quickly. I can cut them faster than I can grab and index them with my right hand.

The end result is grunt proof for me though. You can't over-cut a pocket.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Primer Crimp Removal: Hornady Primer Pocket Reamer vs. Dillon Super Swage 600

I’ve had pretty good luck with the RCBS primer swager rig that mounts up in the rock chucker press.
    Last edited by CrowCommand; 12-25-23 at 07:46.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345