Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Secret City Weaponeers Light Bearing AIWB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Secret City Weaponeers Light Bearing AIWB

I have been looking to switch to AIWB carry from my 4:30 carry position I currently use. I have been carrying a shield there for about 3 months and happy with it, I saw the benefits and was ready to make the switch. The problem was I carry a M&P9 FS with RMR and TLR-3.

I wasnt ready to give up the light, I think its a little crazy to carry without a WML (I carry a handheld too)

Anyway, after contacting a few well known holster makers and getting varied responses from No, Yes - but not for 3 months, your crazy, well try, etc I called Tony at Secret City.

I have been carrying one of his holsters at 4:30 for about 18 months now and am very happy with it, its the best holster ive ever owned. He agreed to make me a one off. We exchanged some drawings, thoughts, and ideas. 2 Weeks later and this shows up.

It came with soft loops (At my request), but I decided to swap to Comptac overhooks, which I have used on my EDC fixed blade, and 4:30 Secret City holster for a while and like very much. So I installed those and off we went.

The wide overhook spacing gives it excellent stability. I adjusted the hooks to get the gun as low as I could while 1. Still bend over and touch my toes without the holster digging into my leg and 2. Still allow a full grip when drawing.

Its ridiculously comfortable, I havent worn it for a really long car ride, but I believe it will be more comfortable than my 4:30 holster.

Retention is perfect for AIWB (At least I think), there are no sharp edges or corners that would bind or put pressure on my thighs.

The craftsmanship is incredible, as is all of his work I have seen.

I did some dry fire drills and my presentation is definitely faster. I need to run some drills with it agaisnt my current PR benchmark times to see how it improves my first shot times.

I know there was a period of time that SCW's business was lagging, but it looks like he is getting it back on track, getting better order management and communications and keeping high quality and QC.

I will update this thread once I get some good time with it and see how I like it long term, but the initial outlook is good.

Ignore the different color overhooks, I had to scalp them off my other holster and ran out of black...

Bottom of the holster showing the nice curves and smooth radii

My EDC gun in the holster, retention is great.

Alongside my SCW Custom Y-12. Its not retired yet, I still use it (A copy of it) OWB for carbine classes and some training. 80% of my training will be from AIWB concealed now.

And how it sits at my belt line, very stable and perfect ride height.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    This is my holy grail for ccw! G19 with X300 for me. I'm gonna keep an eye on this thread. If you have get good results with yours I'm going to ask him for the same thing. I too have been wanting to try AIWB but I'm not looking to give up my WML.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think once Tony gets his business back up and running, repairs his reputation, and gets some good order management system in place he may offer these.

I will be replacing the TLR-3 with the InForce APL when it becomes available.

I got the question on my quick turn-around time for this holster elsewhere, so I will just put it here as well. I know some people have been waiting a very long time for their holsters.

"He has had the money for this holster for over 18 months.

I placed an order for 4 holster with him 20ish months ago.

He delivered 2 holsters within 4-6 weeks. I realized I didnt really need anything else, so I let him keep the money as a credit until I did need something else."

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Holy hell that's a long time!wouldn't be my first time waiting for a holster though

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Hmmmm.....

Last edited by HighSpeedDreams; 11-30-12 at 23:18.
    "Lions mustn't concern themselves with the opinions of lambs."

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    have you tried driving like that yet? Even with my g26 aiwb when I sit it's pressing so hard it's uncomfortable. i can't imagine having a 4" weapon plus a light and trying to sit down....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mr. Blasty, I didnt wait 20 months for it, I just let him hold a credit for 20 months as I didnt need anything, I ordered this about a month ago.

HighSpeedDreams - Yup, I know a lot of people have been waiting a long time. I really hope he can build back his repuation through some hard work, good comms, and a long period of consistency, because he makes some awesome holsters.

Calico - Yes, sitting and driving with it are just fine, It may take a slight hand adjustment when I first sit down, but its actually very comofortable.

Feedback Score
    I'd be interested in trying out AIWB with a light. Not sure how well it would work though, the "sweet spot" is only so big.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I didnt know he was still taking people's money. Shame. Either way, nice looking holster.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by calicojack View Post
    have you tried driving like that yet? Even with my g26 aiwb when I sit it's pressing so hard it's uncomfortable. i can't imagine having a 4" weapon plus a light and trying to sit down....
    What holster are you using? I have no problems driving with a quality purpose built AIWB holster using a G19.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Littlelebowski; 12-02-12 at 09:35.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast