Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 458 SOCOM

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

458 SOCOM

In the process of building a 458 SOCOM to kill some pigs. Anyone out there have one yet?

I am on the waiting list for a Wilson Combat Barrel Kit. I really like their barrels, my .300 AAC Blackout has a Wilson barrel and it is REALLY accurate.

I do reload so finding ammo is not a problem...I already have 200 rounds of SOCOM loaded up...Ready to Shoot!!!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What's the cost like reloading? It's definitely a rich man's cartridge if sticking with factory only

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Saw a video of a guy who put on on a registered M16 lower.

looked like fun.

Not quite a 45-70, but close enough.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I stuggled with the deceision between .458 and .450 BM. I went with the BM because I ran across a deal, and I want to shorted the barrel down to 12.5
    It will be CRAP for any reasonable range- but it would be a very very cool HD weapon.

Are there more .458 projectiles available now? I remember when I was looking there were only a few

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    There's always been a lot of 458 projos available.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Royalflush View Post
    I stuggled with the deceision between .458 and .450 BM. I went with the BM because I ran across a deal, and I want to shorted the barrel down to 12.5
    It will be CRAP for any reasonable range- but it would be a very very cool HD weapon.

Are there more .458 projectiles available now? I remember when I was looking there were only a few
    You don't need a myriad of projectiles. You want a myriad of projectiles but you don't need it.

Feedback Score
    Little bit of a necro post... but there are TONS of .458 diameter options out there. It is a very old size, so you will find everything from 100 grains to 600 grains. Solids, jacketed, or cast lead its all out there.

Loading 300 grain lead RNFPs and SJHPs myself.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have dies and brass, plenty of bullets. I have a piece of the rifle, a Wilson upper. I have a Wilson can and barrel kit on order. Maybe by the end of the year........

Feedback Score
    Fit and finish on the wilson barrel and BCG are great! I think it is much nicer than the RRA kit.

Feedback Score
    I am also interested in this! I have been trying to find companies to buy from for my 458 socom/300 black out AR. I have a multi lower and wanted to have some exotic ammo go through it so i choose to go with two uppers for one lower and those calibers have to still utilize the AR 15 Mags with little or no modifications. wilson and RRA? what other companies might there be? what parts would you mix and match for the best selection? Upper receiver? Bolt carrier? Barrel? Is there alot of barrel length opitions? maybe suppressible?
    Last edited by K_K; 03-23-13 at 12:09.
    The sword sang on the barren heath,
    The sickle in the fruitful field:
    The sword he sang a song of death,
    But could not make the sickle yield.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast