Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SCAR H vs 7.62 AR

Feedback Score
    I would buy a high quality M1A over any other 308 semi at the present time. By high quality I do not mean Springfield Armory.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I would buy a high quality M1A over any other 308 semi at the present time. By high quality I do not mean Springfield Armory.
    I would absolutely not buy an M1A over a SCAR or AR and I have two M1As and an M1 rifle. At least not for my first battle rifle. For a collectable, for nostalgia, for the hell of it, sure. For a first 7.62, no way. They are obsolete and ill suited to optics

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I own the LMT MWS and I am very happy with it. Ergo like an M4. Takes pmags for $20 and are everywhere. Trigger is OK, but I put in an SSA.

Here is my take on accuracy. I have a 16CL Barrel. It will shoot 1 inch groups with match kings, and 1.5 inch groups with many different types of ammo. It's always compared to the OBR, which is very impressive. But the apples to apples is when you compare the LMT SS barrels to the OBR. Now the price and performance match.

I would like to get a 20 inch SS some day.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    I'd personally shell out the cash for the SR-25 ECC.

But then again, I'm biased, because I love KAC.

F2S when did you start working for KAC? (Congrats on the new job, if it was recent.)
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    I strongly disagree and i have a nice M14s.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    I would absolutely not buy an M1A over a SCAR or AR and I have two M1As and an M1 rifle. At least not for my first battle rifle. For a collectable, for nostalgia, for the hell of it, sure. For a first 7.62, no way. They are obsolete and ill suited to optics
    This. Now I love my SCAR, but I wish it was a SR-25.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I love the way M1A's look and the history behind them but after owning 2 I am just not that enamored with them in real life. Accuracy is so so, optics mounting is problematic. They are slower to reload. The safety sucks. Yea great idea to put the safety inside the trigger guard. To each his own I guess. But to me picking that in this day and age is like picking a Smith M&P model 10 .38 special as a duty gun.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I love the way M1A's look and the history behind them but after owning 2 I am just not that enamored with them in real life. Accuracy is so so, optics mounting is problematic. They are slower to reload. The safety sucks. Yea great idea to put the safety inside the trigger guard. To each his own I guess. But to me picking that in this day and age is like picking a Smith M&P model 10 .38 special as a duty gun.
    Pat
    The difference being that the Smith M10 is a good pistol.

The M1A sucks no matter what you do to it.

It's more like using an SVT-40 instead of an M4.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've been running both the SCAR17 and SR25 EMC for close to a year now. If you have the scratch to get the SR25 go for it, it's been nothing short of outstanding in the 3k rounds I've put through it. Accurate as hell, reliable and just overall a finely made gun. I like it better than my SCAR. That said the SCAR is also a good gun. It's just as reliable, but not as accurate. The thin barrel profile makes the groups open up a little bit as it heats up, whereas the SR25 is pretty consistent after extended firing. SCAR mags seem to come and go, luckily I was able to snag 20 at the Ft Benning PX, but the SR25 mags are everywhere. Note on the PMAGs, they tend not to like rounds loaded to max overall length. Long rounds such as M118LR tend to barely fit, and can hang up when feeding. I had a few nosedive into the front wall of the Mag, causing a malfunction (the only malfunction I've ever had with the SR25). All in all they're both great guns, but IMO, the SR25 just has it over the SCAR17.

What anti gun people need to understand about gun control: It's like peeing in your pants on a cold night in Ranger School. It feels pretty good at first, but it is certainly not a solution to anything.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I own both a SCAR 16 and 17. I have thousands of rounds through both. ZERO issues with either. I would buy again. I purchased both from dealers off of Gunbroker. Hassle free transactions and saved money to boot.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast