Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: second to the p-mag... what's the best AR mag?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryXD View Post
    I'll never buy any (C prod) after seeing this thread:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=365633

Yikes...I just went and looked at the C Products mag they threw in with my LMT. It's a DISASTER! Looks like a 3 years old made it. So I stole the magpul follower and spring out of it and stuffed it into a spare OKay I had laying around

Feedback Score
    if you want an alum mag, try out the brownells. When compared to USGI mags they have held up very well to heat, dust, and FA use.
    Not claiming they are better or worse the PMags, just offering another option.
    CO Springs, CO
    NFA Manufacturer
    FFL-07 & SOT

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Midway has Stoner 20 and 30 round mags with Magpul followers on sale for $9.99. I got some stoner mags from then with out the Magpul followers a few mounts ago. They seem to be the same quality as USGI.
    I got some Brownell mags a few years ago and they were not any better then any other USGI mag I have used. I think the Pmags are the best.

Feedback Score

STRAC TECHNOLOGIES - FAST SYSTEM

I apologize for dropping this information here. I recently joined and basically don't know where to go with it. It's basically a new modular reloading system.

We recently posted a new youtube video (Type stractech into the search field). We also posted the following "how to" link. Website will be published in April. System available soon after - "Spring 2008". Any questions let me know. Take care all.

http://www.stractech.com/tangible/instruction.html

Sean P. Carroll
    scarroll@stractech.com

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scarroll View Post
    I apologize for dropping this information here. I recently joined and basically don't know where to go with it. It's basically a new modular reloading system.

We recently posted a new youtube video (Type stractech into the search field). We also posted the following "how to" link. Website will be published in April. System available soon after - "Spring 2008". Any questions let me know. Take care all.

http://www.stractech.com/tangible/instruction.html

Sean P. Carroll
    scarroll@stractech.com

Interesting system. Any idea on price and how many mags the system holds?

C4

Feedback Score

STRAC TECHNOLOGIES - FAST SYSTEM

Sir - Retail price is $296.00. Our Military/LE discount is $207.40. This includes one system with two nylon carriers. We also offer a lifetime warranty on the system.

Each system holds 3 magazines. We will also offer an adapter that allows 4 per unit.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scarroll View Post
    I recently joined and basically don't know where to go with it.
    This would have been the better place I believe.

I saw this over at Lightfighter several months back. You've got a lot of skeptics over there. I guess time will tell.
    Just one of the Shepherd's sheepdogs. Joshua 24:15

Feedback Score

uhhhh...

I'll never buy any after seeing this thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=17&t=365633
    ...how come?
    The problem was admitted, corrected, and applied to one shifts' error on a newer SS mag they make. It looks like the company took care of it and didn't do the BS dance blaming anything but their own mag...
    I kinda' like that approach to taking care of customers...

Feedback Score
    One of the benefits of the AWB sunsetting is that companies were able to spend time doing R&D and creating great new products for the civilian market again. Currently I see Magpul Pmags, and the latest USGI mags with Magpul followers as option #1. I had minimal issues with old black follower USGI mags, an occasional issue with the green followers and zero issues with Magpul followers.

Now that the Government is seeking a polymer magazine, you will see evolution occur again. Magpul is continuously making improvements, Lancer has an excellent product and Tango Down is developing a polymer mag as well. There may be other companies doing R&D.

I expect the Lancer to be on the list under Option #1 for quality and reliable magazines. I also hope Tango Down makes it. Why? Their products are 1st rate and competition benefits all of us.

Why would you want to buy the 2nd best option, when there a multiple 1st place choices?
    Certified 1911 Armorer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gyp_c2 View Post
    ...how come?
    The problem was admitted, corrected, and applied to one shifts' error on a newer SS mag they make. It looks like the company took care of it and didn't do the BS dance blaming anything but their own mag...
    I kinda' like that approach to taking care of customers...
    Because the customer had to pay for shipping the mags back twice.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456