Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: My take on Glock's

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by olds442tyguy View Post
    Just curious, but what problems does mounting a light on a Glock cause exactly? Does the dust cover have trouble supporting it resulting in guide rod interference or something?
    No idea if it's an effective config, but I've heard if you run a Glock with a polymer-bodied light, you'll be OK. When you run them with aluminim-bodied lights, that's when you run can into problems. Supposedely the polymer flexes just enough but the aluminum doesn't. Just curious if anyone else has heard this or if they can corroborate?

Feedback Score
    Good info Larry. I've owned a 1st gen G23 for 15 years and haven't had a problem so far, except for a trigger pin walking out when shooting over 100 rounds, rapid fire. After pin replacement, it has been GTG. It's shoots very well for me though. I had a problem with breaking a striker assym. on an M&P 45 and from what I hear, I'm not the only one. It has to be teething problems on a new firearm brand. I do like the G19 and plan on adding one to the collection soon. Thanks for your insight.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Larry,

Excellent post! My experience with Glock, mirrors yours.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ighlight=Glock

S/F,
    Jeff

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Larry,
    All I can say is that I'm glad you're here. We not may be perfect (pretty far from it). We do try to be fair. See you soon!
    Robb
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    Huh. First I've heard of that, but that's good info to know.

Does the G21SF with the M1913 rail have the same issues? I thought the Picatinny railed G21 was a bit more stable out front, but I base this upon very little time fingering and looking them over.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    Some years ago I decided to set up a 'bug out bag' of sorts, for just in case...
    As I pondered which pistol I would relegate to the unseemly role of living 'in the bag' for most of it's life, the G17 appeared as if by magic. A friend that owned a gun shop called and said he had picked up a factory renewed G17 with a couple of 'pre ban' 17 rnd mags. I looked it over and decided to make the purchase.

I have shot the pistol in almost every kind of weather with several brands/loads of ammo and it just keeps on rockin'. A very solid performer.
    Doesn't have the crisp trigger of my 1911s but... what does?

Now, I carry Colts and Les Baer. My competition gun is a Colt. I get compliments on the look and feel of all my pistols when friends come over for a trip to the range.

I've always felt sort of guilty about making the Glock 'live in the bag' but, I couldn't think of a finer weapon to have at my disposal in extreme conditions.

I have decided that one of my pistols is going to pull 'bag duty'. I feel pretty good that I chose the G17.
    Last edited by TraderJack; 02-19-08 at 21:29. Reason: spell

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Larry

Any opinion on the G34 or the CCF aluminum Raceframes?

Thanks

Nick
    aka CPT A

Feedback Score
    My entire shooting life I have owned 1911's which I love.

Always hated Glocks, I mean who the hell wants to own a plastic gun!!

Well I bought a G19, and I just love the damn thing.

It's light, high capacity, great mags, whats not to like. Have had no issues adapting to grip angle. It has worked like a charm.

The only thing I have to get used to is no thumb saftey. While I used to carry my S&W Chief Special wheel gun years ago it has a much higher pull weight in double action and am thinking of getting a NY 1 or 2 trigger spring for the G19.

Anyway the G19 is now my CCW.
    Last edited by KDG; 02-19-08 at 21:53. Reason: grammer

Feedback Score
    Which aftermarket barrels for the Glock would you folks with experience recommend?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Thank you Larry, for your cogent remarks--they are fully concordant with my experiences, as recently discussed here yet again: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=11699&page=2

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast