Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: My take on Glock's

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I agree with most of what I have read here; However, with one notable exception… For American Law Enforcement, I believe that the Glock 35, a full size auto pistol in 40 S&W, with improved night sights (Heinie or similar style) is where the evolution of the duty handgun has led us… A firearm is a tool, and for the Police, I truly believe the Glock 35 is the tool of choice…

Just my .02

Buck
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    I pretty much agree with everything even though my Dept. requires the NY2 (12lb) trigger pull in our G19's.

I sort of disagree with #2 in regards to the G22 however. My personal experience with my 3rd Gen. G22 has been nothing short of amazing and that has been with the stock 40S&W barrel as well as Storm Lake manufactured 9mm and 357Sig conversion barrels.

I'm fast approaching several thousand rounds over the past few months since purchasing it, I've cleaned it only twice so far, and it still runs without a hitch!

I'll do the next few thousand rounds with a SureFire X200B attached, what should I be on the lookout for?

Once again the above statement is strictly my experience with my G22, maybe I'm just lucky.

Edited to add - I still want to get my hands on a G17L
    I doubt there's a bullet out there with my name on it. It's the ones marked "To Whom It May Concern" that worry me.

Feedback Score
    Buck and Wave,

I respectfully disagree with you on the utility of .40 Glocks. There have been too many problems, at too many agencies and organizations to ignore. 9 mm Glocks have consistently demonstrated significantly less failures and far greater durability.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    Buck and Wave,

I respectfully disagree with you on the utility of .40 Glocks. There have been too many problems, at too many agencies and organizations to ignore. 9 mm Glocks have consistently demonstrated significantly less failures and far greater durability.

I believe it has been an evolution… The original Glock was designed as a 9mm pistol for the Austrian military, at they hit their mark very well… Initially when they attempted to simply rechamber the 9mm Glocks to 40 Cal is was a disaster… 40 Cals were known as Glock grenades… It was far too much cartridge to be contained in the frame as designed… Over the last 20 +/- years, Glock has redesigned its 9mm Glock 17 pistol to meet the needs of American Law enforcement, and I believe the end result of that is the third generation 40 caliber Glock 35…

The Glock 35 made today is not the same pistol that had failures early in Glock’s 40 cal development. Much as the M4 carbine of today is not the same as the M16A1 rifle from the 1970s

Again just my .02

Buck
    MossieTactics.com ~ KMA 367

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The reason I don't own one it there extreme grip angle. Aside from that they are a great gun.

I just don't want to have to adjust to it vs every other handgun I've fired. I may add one to the collection one day, just to have one.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    2008 is the year of the AK and Glock for me. I'll be shooting the Glock this Saturday at our IDPA match for the first time in something like 3+ years. Should be interesting.

On a side note, I put the fiber-optic-front Warren sights on the gun and I LOVE them. Not sure how durable they are or how suited they are to "hard use", but in terms of pure shooting they are amazing. It's like having a little miniature Aimpoint mounted right out there on the front of the gun, and as my eyes get worse that little red dot in the front sight just draws my eye right to it, with the un-serrated rear just melting away.

Feedback Score
    Just so we are tracking,

I would not say either of you guy "disagree" with Lav. I'd just say YOUR guns have worked. When Lav states something, it is more of an "across the spectum" type of thing. This has been pretty well documented and I like to think the boys at Glock are at least looking into the whole mounted light issue.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I've had my Glock 19 for about 14 months or so (about 3500 rounds through it)
    and the only time it ever malf'd was in the low light class, which coincidentally, was the first time I ever ran Remington UMC ammo through it.

It has a Glockmeister grip plug, Heinie Slant-Pro sights (trit front) and Larry's mag release. I have a SF X200B w/DG switch on it as well. These were all lessons learned from LAV and DP, and they track with what LAV outright recommended in the first post.

It's a great pistol and I carry it every day.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    One thing I wish Glock would offer is a model with the light rail but the old style non-grooved grip. I know I can send the frame out and have someone grind off the bumps, but it would be nice to just have it the right way from the beginning.

I'm still on the prowl for a good deal on a used 2nd gen (or would it be 3rd? what gen are we on anyway) G19 to run without a light.

One other mod I've always done to all Glocks is to put the G17 trigger in them. It has a smooth face as opposed to a serrated face on the compact and sub-compact guns and just feels better to my fingertip. YMMV

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Which aftermarket barrels for the Glock would you folks with experience recommend?

Thanks
    I've been extremely happy with the two Lone Wolf barrels that I have.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast