Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: **dealers help!!!!***

Feedback Score

**dealers help!!!!***

OK, this is to you dealers or anyone that can help me. I am wondering how much distance is between the shoulder of the barrel and the end of the rail system on a rifle with a 16" barrel with a Larue 13.2. Is it more than an inch? Oh, and does anyone have a 16" 6.8 barrel in stock that is threaded 1/2x28 TPI? Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shark31
    OK, this is to you dealers or anyone that can help me. I am wondering how much distance is between the shoulder of the barrel and the end of the rail system on a rifle with a 16" barrel with a Larue 13.2. Is it more than an inch? Oh, and does anyone have a 16" 6.8 barrel in stock that is threaded 1/2x28 TPI? Thanks!!!!!!!!!1
    I will try and get the measurements for you.

I would suggest sticking with the 12.0 as I think the 13.2 is a bit long on a 16" (personal preference).

I have a Noveske 16" 6.8 barrel with a CMT 6.8 BCG and special order Vortex in stock. I also have LT 12.0 and 13.2 rails along with VLTOR MUR receivers.

C4

Feedback Score
    Grant,
    The reason that I want to go with the 13.2 is because I want the rail to be as close to the end of the barrel as possible. I will be running a M42000 in 6.8 for this rig. The flashhider is threaded 1/2x28 TPI and the mount comes back over the barrel shoulder .995". I want the suppressor to back up almost touching the rail. I know that the 13.2 will be heavy, but I don't care on this rig, I won't be humping it anywhere, just a range queen to be shot off of a bipod. I may need to shorten the barrel to get it to the right distance, but that is why I am asking.

Feedback Score
    Still no one has any measurements???????? How much barrel is left exposed between the end of the rail and the start of the flashhider on a 16" barrel with a 13.2 Larue?????????

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Still no one has any measurements???????? How much barrel is left exposed between the end of the rail and the start of the flashhider on a 16" barrel with a 13.2 Larue?????????
    Sorry, I got busy last night. From the end of the LT 13.2 rail to the end of the Noveske 16" barrel is 2 3/8.

C4

Feedback Score
    Thanks Grant!!

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Thanks Grant!!
    You are welcome and sorry it took me so long. I basically had to build the upper you were interested in to get the measurements.

C4

Feedback Score
    Grant,
    How much would the upper cost with the MUR, LT 13.2, LT gas Block, gas tube, BCG, Noveske 16" 6.8SPC rethreaded to 1/2x28, and a charging handle? I've heard good things about your builds and was wondering how much more expensive it would be to be built by you versus me. Also what are your thoughts for an optic with this setup? I was thinking a TA55A or a NightForce 2.5-10x NXS, what would your suggestions be? Ranges that I will be using this upper for are anywhere from 50 to 600 yards and I would like to have some sort of BDC or turrets.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Grant,
    How much would the upper cost with the MUR, LT 13.2, LT gas Block, gas tube, BCG, Noveske 16" 6.8SPC rethreaded to 1/2x28, and a charging handle? I've heard good things about your builds and was wondering how much more expensive it would be to be built by you versus me. Also what are your thoughts for an optic with this setup? I was thinking a TA55A or a NightForce 2.5-10x NXS, what would your suggestions be? Ranges that I will be using this upper for are anywhere from 50 to 600 yards and I would like to have some sort of BDC or turrets.
    I can help you with everything, but the threading. Mine is threaded to 5/8x24 (sorry).

I do not charge anything for my builds so it would most likely be cheaper for me to build it.

I would go with the NF optic (which I can order you as well).

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant
    I can help you with everything, but the threading. Mine is threaded to 5/8x24 (sorry).
    Grant-

Just send me the barrel ahead of time and I can make it 1/2-28 for you.
    Customer's gotta get what the customer wants...
    I do weird stuff for lots of builders that don't have a lathe.
    Randall Rausch
    AR15 Barrel Guru

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast