Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting with my ar

Feedback Score

Hunting with my ar

Attachment 14394

Attachment 14395]Since I Purchased my le6920 I have installed a cheap rail light on a cheap quad rail for predator hunting and an aimpoint pro rds and a wilson combat tr ttu 3g trigger for hunting, hd and shtf. Second day of deer season shot a 150 pound doe broadside at about 100 yards with a barnes 62 grn ttsx and it went clean through both front shoulders and demolished heart and both lungs. She ran about 35 yards and piled up. Barnes ttsx did not expand as much as I would have liked but dead is dead. Three nights ago went out to our small local airport at night which we have a depredation permit to remove coyotes and fox for safety concerns. I saw the reflaction of eyes at about 150 yards and sent 1 62 grn m855 green tip completely through a red fox. Bullit entered below right eye and exited left rear hip. Did not realize the power accuracy and range of the 5.56 round.This is an awesome round and the best rifle I have ever owned. Deffinately have the black rifle and predator hunting bug now.
    Last edited by airman; 12-05-12 at 11:37.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    No pictures?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Congrats on the new AR and kills.

Even though its for depredatation, nearly any other bullet choice is better than M855.

For coyotes and foxes, something like a vmax or NBT should take them down better.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    Try the Hornady VX 55g VMax on some varmints and let us know how it works. My Colt LE6920 functioned well with it and it is purported to be a good varmint round.
    Last edited by 7 RING; 12-07-12 at 14:54.

Feedback Score
    Stick with the Barnes rounds. 70 grain TSX round from ASYM has been tremendous on coyotes/foxes, deer and some very large hogs.
    "Why "zombies"? Because calling it 'training to stop a rioting, starving, panicking, desperate mob after a complete governmental financial collapse apocalypse' is just too wordy." or in light of current events: training to stop a rioting, looting, molotov cocktail throwing, skinny jeans wearing, uneducated bunch of lemmings duped by, or working directly for, a marxist organization attempting to tear down America while hiding behind a race-based name

Feedback Score
    at least you don`t have to worry about wild-e coyote anymore!what do you plan to do with it?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Fun to hunt.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by airman View Post
    Attachment 14394

Attachment 14395]Since I Purchased my le6920 I have installed a cheap rail light on a cheap quad rail for predator hunting and an aimpoint pro rds and a wilson combat tr ttu 3g trigger for hunting, hd and shtf. Second day of deer season shot a 150 pound doe broadside at about 100 yards with a barnes 62 grn ttsx and it went clean through both front shoulders and demolished heart and both lungs. She ran about 35 yards and piled up. Barnes ttsx did not expand as much as I would have liked but dead is dead. Three nights ago went out to our small local airport at night which we have a depredation permit to remove coyotes and fox for safety concerns. I saw the reflaction of eyes at about 150 yards and sent 1 62 grn m855 green tip completely through a red fox. Bullit entered below right eye and exited left rear hip. Did not realize the power accuracy and range of the 5.56 round.This is an awesome round and the best rifle I have ever owned. Deffinately have the black rifle and predator hunting bug now.
    My understanding is, in the hands of a decent shooter using a decent rifle, the 5.56 has far more range than many give it credit for. I have no experience with long distances with 5.56, but that's the skinny round these parts. I'd like to get some hunting in with my black rifle, but I'm in anti black rifle territory.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    37 (100%)
    Good shot.
    I've never shot anything with M855. It wouldn't be my first choice. But, as you say, dead is dead.

On foxes and yotes, 60gr TAP and PPU 75gr Match work well.
    This yote died by the 75gr Match. Through the lungs and it dropped right there.

I've got some 70gr Barnes TSX loaded but the opportunity has not presented itself to try it out on anything.
    Scoby

“Laws that forbid the carrying of arms disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”Thomas Jefferson, quoting 18th century criminologist Cesare Beccaria in “On Crimes and Punishment”, 1764

Feedback Score
    Nice yote!! Just started hunting them myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast