Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My "HOT MESS" S&W M&P 15-22

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rauchman View Post
    Very cool. I've been seriously thinking about picking one of these up for cheap training.

What kind of accuracy is the gun capable of?
    Don't know as I never measured accuracy. Good enough for B8 targets out to 50yds for sure.

C4

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    The Lancer is similar to the PRI system but without the glued (epoxy) tube to metal sleeve (that never worked well). You have to red loctite on the barrel nut, let it dry (24hrs) and then screw in the ring and torque it on. Then the tube slides over it (press fit) and then is screwed down onto the ring (or collar if you will).

C4
    Thank you Grant. One change I want to do to my carbine is install free a carbon fiber free float tube. I have a PRI on my precision AR and it works great, but I have not run that rifle near as hard as I have the carbine.

I'll be looking further into the Lancer Carbon Fiber Tube. It's caught my interest
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    Thank you Grant. One change I want to do to my carbine is install free a carbon fiber free float tube. I have a PRI on my precision AR and it works great, but I have not run that rifle near as hard as I have the carbine.

I'll be looking further into the Lancer Carbon Fiber Tube. It's caught my interest
    I like the Lancer carbon fiber tubes better than the PRI's (have used both).

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 12-06-12 at 13:24.

Feedback Score
    Grant, how are you liking the Bravo stock?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    I have no idea what you are talking about.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SurplusShooter View Post
    I don't think it makes much difference for close-range or casual plinking.
    but, for longer range (e.g. if you are shooting with optics):
    If you read the other threads on the M&P-15-22, many people report accuracy problems using the rifle with a sling if they tighten the sling for support while shooting. The factory handguard (quad-rail) has a front space that clips-in and (loosely) rests against the barrel, but when putting stress on the handguard this presses against the barrel near its mid-point with varying levels of force.
    Disclaimer: I've never shot mine with optics or at long range or with a sling so I can't say first-hand, but I'm just pointing out other threads on this board answer that question, since you asked.
    Per S&W you can remove that handguard cap at the front of the handguard. It is only for appearance. That should help with the sling issue.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Great Job!! Yours looks great.....but now that you have it all decked out you need to get it out to some tactical .22 matches like the ones we have here.

This video show me shooting a brand spanking new 15-22 at our last match, the other videos I've done are with my older 15-22 without the flash hider.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggdEjY61oEs

Installing a free float hand guard on my 15-22 is my next project. After using my box-stock 15-22 at an Appleseed event 2 years ago I found that slinging the 15-22, and using it as designed, it creates a tension on the quadrail and pulls the front sight off target. This free float mod eliminates that from happening.

The guy that came up with this mod is a saint in my book.
    Maker of: "The TALON" Pocket Video Camera Mount.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I've seen it myself, easily a 5" shift at 25 yards. My solution was not as cool. I bought a True Shot 15-22 sight base. I did not like the attachment system (clamp, loc-tite, and hope) so I had our local black gun gunsmith, drill and tap it with a set screw through the bayonet lug. He then dimpled the 15-22 barrel and installed the sight base. I am now free floated for less than $75.

Detail of drill and tap through bayonet lug:

Installed closeup:

Overall view:

True Shot Website:
    http://www.trueshottechnologies.com/...SSON_1522.html
    Thanks for posting this.

For the record, I removed the plastic rail end plate to get more of a free float. Haven't noticed any accuracy issues when putting tension on the rail since I removed it.

Grant, that is one wicked 15-22 you got there-nice job man!
    Last edited by Ouroborous; 12-07-12 at 11:45.
    ἰδέτωσαν, ἱστορησάτωσαν οἱ ἄνθρωποι ἄνθρωπον ἀληθινὸν κατὰ φύσινζῶντα.

Videant, cognoverunt hominis hominem verum secundum naturam suam viventem.

Let men see, let them know, a real man, who lives as he was meant to live.
    - Marcus Aurelius

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

very nice.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast