Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Vickers and Daniel Defense finished?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ericl View Post
    To say DD is making a marketing mistake is an understatement. This new ninja-zombie hunter craze garbage and those capitalizing on it (Pincus) are discrediting the firearms training community. True PROFESSIONALS like Mr. Vickers have worked long and hard building extensive careers that support their training. These new fangled (is that even a true word?) "training systems", i.e. Pincus "combat focus" are made up theoretical garbage. I choose to spend my $$ on the real deal (i.e. Mr VIckers, Mr. Hackethorn, Mr. Lamb, Mr. Howe). This direction DD is taking has inspired me to burn my DD t-shirt and steer away from their products. Not that their quality is not what is used to be, but I cannot support a company taking the route they have chosen. All the best to Mr. Vickers as I know in the end, he will come out on top representing another, more responsible company!
    Before you light the match, did you read the thread I linked too?

This is right from the horses mouth:
    Rob Pincus is not an employee of Daniel Defense. We work with a production company on many projects to include promotional videos and commercials. This production company produces many shows for the Outdoor Channel and the Sportsmans Channel. Rob is the talent/spokesperson for an 11 Part series which promotes our products.
    I think after this miniseries is done we won't be hearing much about Rob again. I think DD has received enough negative feedback already and realized it was a mistake.
    Last edited by GeorgiaBoy; 12-06-12 at 20:18.
    But what then is capital punishment but the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated it may be, can be compared? - Albert Camus

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Well shit now I have to put all those DD LPKs and BCGs that I've squirreled away on the EE.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 12-06-12 at 20:17.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ericl View Post
    True PROFESSIONALS like Mr. Vickers have worked long and hard building extensive careers that support their training.
    How many people who buy a DD carbine, or any other AR15 are actually going to take a single training class? Never mind from a MIL or LE background instructor, I mean ANY course or formal training class?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    So does this mean there will be Pincus signature rifle????: baaaaaaaaa
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns-up.50 View Post
    So does this mean there will be Pincus signature rifle????: baaaaaaaaa

Comes with FREE jump rope.....

ZEEEEEEEOW * Million Dollar Man hover sound.......
    Last edited by Split66; 12-06-12 at 20:40.
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQ2zEv1ukzyH_aeFG6-amwPk7CUBz7b4URcTQ8lFFl-LOLSDkQ

"BRD, much like the Wutang clan, is nothing to f@ck with"

Feedback Score
    christ. diggin the skate shoes to.
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score

DD negative feedback

If DD is going to pull any association with Pincus due to negative feedback, good for them. They should listen to the masses, that is just good business. Whether Pincus is or is not am employee of DD is inconsequantial. They associated him with their brand. A business needs to be very careful to protect their name. At the end of the day, that sells more product than anything else. Right or wrong, that is the way it is. Hopefully they have seen the error in their ways and get back on track. They (DD) make a good product, no one disputes that, but their name has suffered a negative blow to those that choose to not be fooled by "the hype" of haystack jumping ninjas attacking cinderblocks! If I am to be labeled a Vickers "fan boy", I can live with that, heck, I would be proud to tote that label. I base my purchases on my own experience, research, as well as the recommendations of credible sources.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I try not to get into the whole "instructors" discussions on any forums but being a DD owner I was disappointed that Pincus is now representing them. There are much better representatives that they could have gone with to still get their message across for these videos.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASH556 View Post
    Daniel Defense is quite capable of producing a quality rifle regardless of LAV's official affiliation, but that seems to have ended. BCM appears to be listed instead. Is it over?
    Instead of causing speculation, why not just ask him? He has his own SME section.

Feedback Score
    I was laughing at first. The whole video reminded me of my childhood and all the armed forces action movies that I loved so much. In this day and age this is kind of sad. I wouldn't guess that DD needed this kind of spokesperson. Maybe they have been watching too much Expendables, Commando, or Universal Soldier. Why not get Schwarzenegger ,Willis , or Stallone. If you are going to go strip mall ninja, go all the way!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast