Thread: Help me with pricing

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)

Help me with pricing

I have a Colt 16" A1 upper, pencil barrel, round hand guards, complete BCG and CH. I need some help with what would be a fair price to sell it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is a tough one... If you are willing to wait, and get a higher price, I would say...$450 or so. Parting it out might be better. You can get about $100 for the upper, about $200 for the barrel, and $150 or so for the BCG.. Yes, I know that adds up to $450, but you might get more for a specific part

The BCG may go for more since it is a slab side one. You might get more than this for the upper. But, that is probably a good start. The one problem is, it isnt a particularly popular build for this. If it was a XM177 clone, or a commando, etc, then I think it would be worth more.

Oddly enough, if it was a 14.5" or an 11" upper, it would be more desirable. In fact, if it was either of those two lengths, Id make an offer on it.

Just my $.02
    Last edited by Dravur; 12-08-12 at 21:00.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    PM sent

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VLODPG View Post
    PM sent
    Back at ya.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravur View Post
    This is a tough one... If you are willing to wait, and get a higher price, I would say...$450 or so. Parting it out might be better. You can get about $100 for the upper, about $200 for the barrel, and $150 or so for the BCG.. Yes, I know that adds up to $450, but you might get more for a specific part

The BCG may go for more since it is a slab side one. You might get more than this for the upper. But, that is probably a good start. The one problem is, it isnt a particularly popular build for this. If it was a XM177 clone, or a commando, etc, then I think it would be worth more.

Oddly enough, if it was a 14.5" or an 11" upper, it would be more desirable. In fact, if it was either of those two lengths, Id make an offer on it.

Just my $.02
    Thank you for the help.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    In case anyone is wondering, it got sold to a board member last week. Thank you for the help and the inquiries. Merry Christmas everybody!

Feedback Score
    I just read the post today but I bet your Colt upper wouldn't have taken much time in any market to be sold!!!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I just read the post today but I bet your Colt upper wouldn't have taken much time in any market to be sold!!!
    coulda crushed it just a month later