Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Range/Bug Out/Tactical/Flying carry on Backpack.

Feedback Score

Range/Bug Out/Tactical/Flying carry on Backpack.

So I'm looking at the 5.11 Rush 24 backpack. If you haven't seen it, it's just a simple backpack with lots of options for molle attachments. I was going to get a simple black one. I also want to attach a couple pouches, water bottle holder, magazine pouch, etc. I'm considering getting these items in the OD green and the flat dark earth colors to mix up the solid color for camouflage purposes. So do you think this would be good idea or just look really silly.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Pouches may look a little odd for anything causal or flying. I have the 24 though, and while I generally do not like 5.11 stuff, I do love their bags. I've worn mine around around campus for the last year and a half, and used it various training exercises including two FTX's and STX lanes. I haven't beat the hell out of it, but nor have been gentle and it has held up well. I lost the metal grommets on the bottom for the drainage holes fairly early on, but the fabric has not torn at all. I also love all of the organization options of the bag. I like having everything organized and neat so this bag was a real winner for me there. The yoke strap system is very comfortable and the pack can carry quite a decent amount of stuff without any additional pouches. You may also want to look at their All Hazards pack. Its more expensive (and I really don't like the carry handle) but it has even more features. I'm getting one soon for range/BOB use. It has internal and external MOLLE so I plan on mounting some BFG Helium Whisper pouches for mags and whatnot. Plus it has a orange lining inside one compartment that looks kind of like a VF-17 panel and you can get some of the ammo MULE totes I think they're called. Its designed to hold two.

Either way, I think you'll be pleased with whichever you choose but I'd recommend using it for a bit before you buy pouches for it. You may decide you don't even need them.
    Last edited by Wake27; 12-08-12 at 17:19.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. As far as flying I'd only take the pack and I rarely fly commercial, but the possibility to use it is there. The majority of the time I fly it's mil air so it really don't matter what I have attached.

I was also considering a Camelbak. I've got a perfect size one but only a couple molle attachment points. Thought of getting another one with more attachments. The only bad thing I have found about the Camelbak is there longevity, the darn thing just won't brake. I bought my current one back in 2005, it's survived Iraq twice, Qatar once, and countless trips across the pond while on leave. And on top of that it gets used almost daily.

Feedback Score
    Take a close look at the All Hazards Pack, it is well designed option for a Pack to Book Bag to Briefcase. It also has internal molle loops for pouch customization.
    CRPA and NRA Life member
    GLOCK Armorer, Remington 870 Armorer, Mossberg 5xx Armorer, 1911 Armorer, M16/AR15 Armorer, Tactical First Aid Primary Responder
    NRA Range Safety Officer, Certified Pistol, Shotgun and Rifle Instructor

Feedback Score
    I bought a used camelbak talon that I absolutely love. It can be over packed then cinched down to carry on size ;-) and I do mean cinched.

Feedback Score
    I second the Talon, great bag. I got mine as a fathers day gift before deployment and it rocked. Since I've been back it's my go to range bag or anything else bag.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    My buddy just got a Talon after wanting one for years. He loves it so far.

Feedback Score
    Good to hear others have good feedback on the camelbak packs. If that is the route I go I'll probably get the HAWG, just because it's a little smaller and the molle attachment points provide alot of options. I have the the original BFM that I can use if I need more room.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MurtaughF3 View Post
    Good to hear others have good feedback on the camelbak packs. If that is the route I go I'll probably get the HAWG, just because it's a little smaller and the molle attachment points provide alot of options. I have the the original BFM that I can use if I need more room.
    Another thumbs up for Camelbak packs: Mine's a Urban Rover that's no longer made, but the BFM is similar, though a bit larger. The Hawg would also be excellent.

Last edited by BobinNC; 12-09-12 at 16:21.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MurtaughF3 View Post
    I use a HAWG for EDC/frequent use. It's a good size for a carry-on, day pack, and commuting bag. It wears accessory pouches pretty well, but is far less discreet when doing so.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast