Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Range/Bug Out/Tactical/Flying carry on Backpack.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'm rocking the Camelbak Urban Assault XL. Only available in black, but it blends with the urbanites better than the usual OD and TAN offerings. The XL is a fair bit larger than their standard Urban Assault. I figure having more room is better than wishing you did. I use my pack for everyday and as a carry on. Lots of room for gear and regular everyday items. The side pockets hold a 1 litre(sorry, 32oz) nalgene bottle or 3 AR mags. Padded pocket for sunglasses, small zip pocket on top that works wonders for phones or keys, and a padded laptop sleeve that can be used for hydration bladders as well. The rear pocket is a compression panel for the front(main pocket). plenty of room for a jacket to be stuffed in and I haven't checked, but a helmet should fit as well. Wow, does this ever sound like an advertisement. Check the links below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnOJtfMqjgo
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGkDuvQC4gA

MM
    Last edited by Mysteryman; 12-09-12 at 19:21.

Feedback Score
    I've been using camelback urban assault for. While to fly and range. It's is great.

Feedback Score
    I've been using a Tactical Tailor Urban Operator Pack as my range bag and flight bag. It's more tactical twin is the Modular Operator Pack that has the MOLLE webbing and compression straps.

I fly quite a bit and it has has plenty of room for gear or use as a weekend bag. I've used it as my only luggage for some short business trips when I don't need to check luggage.

TT Modular Operator Pack
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    TT makes good bags too. I just bought my second (large range multi purpose IIRC). My first (gym bag) is a beast, not a huge amount of pockets or pouches/organizational stuff between the two, but they have been awesomely durable.
    Last edited by Wake27; 12-10-12 at 20:01.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    As a flying or anything to do with the general public backpack you are going to invite attention which may be unwanted.

If you want tactical but more grayman, 5.11 has covrt backpacks and check out bags from greyghost, tyr, tactical tailor.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    As a flying or anything to do with the general public backpack you are going to invite attention which may be unwanted.

If you want tactical but more grayman, 5.11 has covrt backpacks and check out bags from greyghost, tyr, tactical tailor.
    Depends how you define attention. With such a massive amount of military coming and going through airports a pack may make the more observant person do a double-take but that's probably about it.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Depends how you define attention. With such a massive amount of military coming and going through airports a pack may make the more observant person do a double-take but that's probably about it.
    Any attention is the wrong attention.

Unless of course you are an attention whore in which case I believe they make molle backpacks in pink.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Any attention is the wrong attention.

Unless of course you are an attention whore in which case I believe they make molle backpacks in pink.
    That's a bold statement. Maybe in Afghanistan but the chances of a MOLLE pack making somebody a target for scrutiny, a shooter, blah blah blah in an American airport is probably pretty low.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That's a bold statement. Maybe in Afghanistan but the chances of a MOLLE pack making somebody a target for scrutiny, a shooter, blah blah blah in an American airport is probably pretty low.

OP wanted opinions, he got them.

I watch people everyday, what they choose to wear or carry says a lot more about a person than many consider.

Just my cents.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    OP wanted opinions, he got them.

I watch people everyday, what they choose to wear or carry says a lot more about a person than many consider.

Just my cents.
    Fair enough, agree to disagree. Anyways...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast