Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Range/Bug Out/Tactical/Flying carry on Backpack.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    That's a bold statement. Maybe in Afghanistan but the chances of a MOLLE pack making somebody a target for scrutiny, a shooter, blah blah blah in an American airport is probably pretty low.

Its not always about "being a target" in the traditional sense of the word. Not being eye f*cked by people has advantages. It can be tough to disappear in a crowd if you standout or your gear looks like the odd one out. Unwanted attention can come from customs, the gate agent, law enforcement, or other people asking about your gear(been there).

Here's a question/scenario for you. If you need to find a weapon amongst a pile of bags, which bags would you look at first. Those with or without PALS in FDE/OD/Multicam first? Generally, anyone who has a bag with PALS knows what it is and is likely a shooter or fan of military wares. Although not a guarantee, I would focus on finding a weapon in a bag with PALS over a bag by BENCH/Prada/Jansport etc etc.

MM

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Choose the appearance that suits the purpose. Learn the difference between being discreet and clandestine.

Mil colors, mil form, PALS, and the like cause associations. They may or may not be a problem.

I was eating a meal in an airport food court and had someone key in on a carry-on, then engage me in conversation I didn't want, and questions I didn't want to answer. Learning occurred.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    Its not always about "being a target" in the traditional sense of the word. Not being eye f*cked by people has advantages. It can be tough to disappear in a crowd if you standout or your gear looks like the odd one out. Unwanted attention can come from customs, the gate agent, law enforcement, or other people asking about your gear(been there).

Here's a question/scenario for you. If you need to find a weapon amongst a pile of bags, which bags would you look at first. Those with or without PALS in FDE/OD/Multicam first? Generally, anyone who has a bag with PALS knows what it is and is likely a shooter or fan of military wares. Although not a guarantee, I would focus on finding a weapon in a bag with PALS over a bag by BENCH/Prada/Jansport etc etc.

MM
    Again, agree to disagree. I don't want to derail this thread anymore. I can see your point, I just don't think its that big of a deal.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Just point out differences...

Grey is the new "in" color for those who do not want to stand out, I assume its because of the whole "Grey-man" thing, which I agree with, for the most part. You do not want to attract attention to yourself, from anyone, ever, period.

Here are two packs I was talking about:

http://www.greyghostgear.com/packs/s...ator-pack-grey

and

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Produ...VRT-TRIAB.html

Pretty non-unique bags, easily mistaken for some "hipster," jansport, UA or the like school bag.

Compare them with these:

http://www.511tactical.com/All-Produ...-Backpack.html

or

http://www.greyghostgear.com/packs/l...sault-pack-1-1

Again just for comparison's sake, which of the four here would get you a "second look" or "direct attention" and which one would not set off any signals at all in most people. Of course this does not apply to mil/le/gun-friendly people because those individuals are more exposed to "tactical" styles and "grey-man" styles than others.

Just food for thought.

btw, I am probably going to getting that covrt triab, because its has molle inside and a compartment for a plate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Just point out differences...
    Grey is the new "in" color for those who do not want to stand out, I assume its because of the whole "Grey-man" thing, which I agree with, for the most part.
    Gray is a flat, neutral color that blends well in most environments, both indoor and outdoor. It's an "in" color, but folks in the know have been using it for years. (See a previous, recent thread on gray gear in general.)

Gray-man is a good rule of thumb.

Here are two packs I was talking about:

http://www.greyghostgear.com/packs/s...ator-pack-grey
    I have a GGG stealth operator pack. Interesting design, and very discreet. It's also a good value. I have a more formal review pending.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Looking forward to it, I have been interested.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    That is pretty slick, as soon as they are in stock I'm picking one up.
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 12-11-12 at 19:16.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    That is pretty slick, as soon as they are in stock I'm picking one up.
    They had a pretty solid Black Friday sale...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    They had a pretty solid Black Friday sale...
    Damn, wished I would have seen that.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Grey Ghost Outlet had some challenges with their credit card processor on Black Friday. Their website was fine, it was the folks that took their credit cards.

I was able to chat with them, thanks to a talented investigator. They were very nice and helpful when I reached them.

The only reason I bring this up, is that there my be a issue when you order. They were very nice, very helpful, and my patience paid off. It's a small shop, and they work hard.

I'm going to use one of those grey stealth operator packs as a bail-out bag or get home bag in the vehicle. Rigging up a hydration hose to it will be child's play, and then it just looks like any cyclist's hydration pack. A very, very common thing down here in the summer.

I'm not slamming Grey Ghost at all, I think they are good folks that were affected by an external company during a very busy weekend. I bet their CC processor was overloaded, and they were impacted by that.

Skintop911 - I will be very interested in your notes on that pack.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast