Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 10 round magazine for hunting

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo38gn View Post
    I thought 5 rd mags were the max for hunting...
    Know your local laws. It is 6 in VT but I'm really at 5 too because that us what I can find. In .22 you could hunt with a 100 round drum. No cans in VT either or shooting from boats, vehicles aircraft. I was jealous of Iraq Ninja hog hunting from a helo with a can.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Any pics of the pmag 10rd mags?

I've got a 5rd (metal) for when bench clearance is an issue, and it's got a big plastic chunk on the bottom so you can grab it out of the mag well.

We have no restrictions here for hunting, but I like using the little one for load development as well.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Not sure they're out yet. I have the limiters for use in the standard 20 round PMag. I have one inbound from another member. I will post photos when it shows up.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    I've been using the AR STONER 10 rounders for hunting/bench. They are well made from stainless steel and stick down about 1/2". Regards
    Life Member NRA
    Life Member Texas State Rifle Association
    Member Marine Corps League

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KAZ22 View Post
    I've been using the AR STONER 10 rounders for hunting/bench. They are well made from stainless steel and stick down about 1/2". Regards
    Thanks for the info

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I sometimes hunt in Colorado for coyotes and prairie dogs. Colorado limits you during big game season to:
    1. CENTERFIRE RIFLES
    c. If semiautomatic, they can hold a maximum of six rounds in the magazine and chamber combined.

I was told by DOW that it's okay to hunt the coyotes and prairie dogs with the 30-round mags as long as you're not hunting during big game season. Don't know if that makes perfect sense but I understand where they're coming from. So, I try to avoid hunting there for those species during big game season. I live in another state.
    Last edited by elkslayer44; 02-05-13 at 18:10.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    are you just wanting to hunt with a 10 round mag, or is their a mag capacity limit in your state?

there is no magazine limit for hunting in the great state of Arkansas.

Feedback Score
    Yes thinking of doing some hunting with it. Maybe I should just head south and hunt Arkansas

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooie View Post
    are you just wanting to hunt with a 10 round mag, or is their a mag capacity limit in your state?

there is no magazine limit for hunting in the great state of Arkansas.
    And none in Texas.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Allison01 View Post
    And none in Texas.
    Now you guys are just being mean

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast