Thread: DD 12.0 on carbine?

Feedback Score

DD 12.0 on carbine?

Ive been looking at the DanielDefense 12.0 FF rail system, but I cant find any pics of it actually on a carbine rifle. Does anyone have a picture of this combination? I have a S&W M&P-15 w/ a standard FSB that I would like to put it on. Another question, does it require the removal of the barrel and FSB to install?

BTW, first post, but great forums. I recently acquired the M&P on Friday. Nice piece. I also have a Bushy "M4-gery" that is alright. Previously owned a Bushy 20" and was happy with it,but I never really put it through any abuse. Put 800 rnds through my new one last weekend. Did have one ftf, but since its just a plinking gun, thats ok. Recharged and everything worked fine after. Anyway, you guys have some terrific looking pieces, cant wait to get mine done!
    Beware the fury of a patient man. -dryden

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I assume you're talking about a 12.0 on a 16" barrel.

Yes, you'll have to remove the barrel & front sight base to install the tube. Especially since you'll have to either shave down the standard FSB or replace it with an aftermarket part that fits under the rail.

I don't have a pic of a DD 12.0 on a 16" barrel, but the top rifle in this pic is a Larue 12.0 over a 14.5" barrel.

Feedback Score
    actually, i was looking at the one that allows the front sight to protrude through the rail.

http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=s...&product_id=29

Thats why I was asking about the FSB. I aplogize for not being more specific. Thanks though!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Ah, gotcha. Well you'll still have to remove the FSB. The funny little "L" shaped holes in the bottom of the rail are so you can re-install the FSB pins.

Once my 6933 gets cleared by ATF I'll be installing the 9.0 version of that same rail. I'll let you know how it goes.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSailor
    Ive been looking at the DanielDefense 12.0 FF rail system, but I cant find any pics of it actually on a carbine rifle. Does anyone have a picture of this combination?

Yes. There are currently two different versions of the DD 12.0 FSP. One is the 12.0 FSP, and the other is the 12.0 FSP Lite.

12.0 FSP Lite.

12.0 FSP Lite view from above
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    DD 12.0 FSP

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That DD 12.0 FSP is very impressive.

It brings back fond memories of my Colt M4 w/ KAC MRE carbine.

I think DD has hit a home run with these new rails.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger
    That DD 12.0 FSP is very impressive.

It brings back fond memories of my Colt M4 w/ KAC MRE carbine.

I think DD has hit a home run with these new rails.

I've got to agree. My DD 12.0 FSP sits on my alternate weapon in case my primary goes into evidence.

The entire new line is VERY nice.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman
    12.0 FSP Lite view from above
    While off topic, I have to say that's quite possibly one of the coolest pictures I've ever seen.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    Thank you for the feedback, and Stickman for the pics. I think i've actually decided to go with the Vltor CASV-EL for my M&P instead. Looks good and from what Ive read, its a pretty nice setup. Now I just have to decide if i want to stay with black, or go with tan or OD.