Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cold bore shot

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    *Nearly* everyone can hit a target at a mile with a .308, given a rig with enough elevation that stays stable through the transonic-subsonic transition, some fundamentals, a bit of ammo, stable wind conditions, and a good spotter.

Not entirely practical, NOT a high percentage shot by ANY means, but absolutely possible. Demonstrates what can be done if you really, really had to take a poke for some reason, but more of a confidence builder than anything.

Caylen is currently taking guys out to 1200 or 1300 in the 4-day PR1 with .308s and no prior training to get them through transonic, but going to a mile with a .308 for everyone isn't really worth the squeeze IMHO, since there's not much additional learning involved, and if there's any variability with the wind, you could do everything right and still chase the target all day.

*warning: shameless plug...

Come on out to a PR class with Caylen...He's got a great program, and you will definitely take something away from it, no matter where your experience level is.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    I just liked it to show some guys that say the 308 round is only effective at 700 meters. I agree that their are many better options out there to shoot at long distances, but I laugh when guys say it's a waste of time to shoot the 308 past 700 meters. I think the 308 is great till 1100 yards. Again, I know there are better rounds out there that will do it more accurately, but those rounds also cost much more than 308 rounds.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score

Caylen

I'll second the rec for a class with Caylen/Magpul, I had a class with him before he joined up with Magpul and he's a great guy and a great teacher.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123