Thread: For M4 optics-Rings or ringmounts

Feedback Score

For M4 optics-Rings or ringmounts

I recently got my doublestar m4rgery and have ordered a Vari X III for her.

However I am conflicted about mounting the Leupy with rings or a integrated ringmount similar to these:

http://combatoptical.com/catalog/AR1...RINGS-115.html

http://www.m-aparts.com/productsDetail.asp?id=1428

With rings, it looks like you have to get the right height else the FSB will block your FOV. However, with rings, I can move the scope between my guns. I have a full size A2 and a 10.5" Commando and it would be great to be able to move the scope around.

With a ringmount, I can mount to my flattop.

What do you think?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like this setup myself...easier to go back and forth between the irons and the scope. I tried rings first but still had a shadow of the FSB in my scope, but they were super high rings...not rings made for an AR 15 ( I already had them...why not try them...right???)

Feedback Score
    duuuuuuuuude .... you get what you pay for in AR optics mounts.

Get over to www.laruetactical.com and they have what you need. Maybe not what you want ... but what you need. If you don't know what you need, call them up and they'll bend over backwards to hook you up. You'll cry once, when you pay for LaRue. You'll be delighted for the rest of your life, when you take your LaRue mounts off and on hundreds of times without losing zero. The mounts will live longer than you and you'll want to be buried with them, but leave them to a deserving person.
    When life gives you lemons, insert copper and zinc wires in them and repeatedly shock your tongue.