Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Illinois Concealed Carry

Feedback Score

Illinois Concealed Carry

Listen up all Illinois residents, we finally get have the right to carry concealed soon

read this
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2278114.html
    Former LMT test/ assembly/ machinist
    Former Rock Island Arsenal / machinist

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    These "officials" will screw the pooch and make it all but impossible to carry. California has CCW and one only needs to look at who gets licensed, it's not ordinary citizens.
    I like franks & beans

Feedback Score
    Former LMT test/ assembly/ machinist
    Former Rock Island Arsenal / machinist

Feedback Score
    Here's a link to a story in the Chicago Sun Times

http://blogs.suntimes.com/politics/2...d_weapons.html

there is a link to a pdf of the opinion of the court on the first page. The judges specifically state you have the right to self defense both in and outside of your home. Im no lawyer but that sounds like they specified shall issue without coming out and saying it. Now I know these cockroaches in office in this state are all running around looking for a new way to trample rights but there may not be any way old Mike Madigan and his cronies can avoid it anymore. Should be a good show.

Feedback Score
    This is only the first step to getting CCW in Illinois. The battle is not yet won.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 RING View Post
    This is only the first step to getting CCW in Illinois. The battle is not yet won.
    105% agree. There is no limit to what these crooked political SOBs in this state will try. A reasonable person can't even fathom the depths of depravity of an Illinois Democrat. Oh wait, yeah you can....

Feedback Score
    I emailed my firearms instructor today on this issue. He also happens to be a cop. He thinks Illinois AG Lisa Madigan will present one of the most restrictive carry laws ever seen. Even more restrictive than New York or Calif. It will probably be a may issue where you have to petition your law enforcement agency, either a police chief or country sheriff and they will approve or deny on a case by case basis. Plus political and training hurdles like nobodys business. Basically don't get your hopes up too high for a law that is reasonable and makes sense.

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner505 View Post
    I emailed my firearms instructor today on this issue. He also happens to be a cop. He thinks Illinois AG Lisa Madigan will present one of the most restrictive carry laws ever seen. Even more restrictive than New York or Calif. It will probably be a may issue where you have to petition your law enforcement agency, either a police chief or country sheriff and they will approve or deny on a case by case basis. Plus political and training hurdles like nobodys business. Basically don't get your hopes up too high for a law that is reasonable and makes sense.
    Living in Illinois, nothing is really reasonable or makes sense.....

But this news is hopeful, but I'm trying not to get my hopes up as Chicago has ways of stamping my dreams into the ground lol.

Feedback Score
    Quinn the Eskimo is already talking about adding an anti-assault weapons bill to the CCW legislation. This is far from being over.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast