Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Illinois Concealed Carry

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner505 View Post
    I was at the Kane County gun show today. Place was stacked up nuts to butts. If that turn out is any indication, hopefully all those people are contacting state and federal reps voicing oposition to any ban and in favor of CCW.

Prices were insane too...
    Aw crap! I knew I was forgetting something today. I always miss the gun shows because I'm always working sundays. I finally get one off and I blow it. Any good deals or was it just a bunch of overpriced crap?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VaeVictis View Post
    Aw crap! I knew I was forgetting something today. I always miss the gun shows because I'm always working sundays. I finally get one off and I blow it. Any good deals or was it just a bunch of overpriced crap?
    No good deals at all.

Saw USGI 30 rd mags for $50 and higher, PMAGS were about the same. One dude had one of those 100 round double drum AR mags for $450 bucks.
    Garands were $1000 and up.
    1911s were anywhere from $450 for some POS I'd never heard of all the way to $3800 for a Colt 1911.
    Saw and Armalite AR with a fixed A2 carry handle for $2400. Simmilar Wyndam for $1200
    Ammo was disappearing like you read about.

Feedback Score
    That's pretty much what I expected. Probably better that I didn't go.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VaeVictis View Post
    Aw crap! I knew I was forgetting something today.
    I was about to say that exact same thing. Forgot this was coming up and missed it as well. Thx for prompting the recap of events.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From the Chicago Tibune:

McCarthy stressed his opposition to allowing the concealed carry of handguns in Illinois, even though Illinois is the only state in the country that doesn’t permit the practice.

“Just because it’s 49 to one doesn’t mean that Illinois is wrong,” McCarthy said.
    also quote-worthy....

“When people say concealed carry, I say Trayvon Martin,” McCarthy said, referring to the unarmed 17-year-old who was shot and killed last February by a neighborhood watch volunteer in Florida, sparking controversy across the country.

“I say Trayvon Martin,” McCarthy continued. “Because the answer to guns is not more guns, and just simply putting guns in people’s hands is going to lead to more tragedy.”
    I thought that case was still going through the court system but apparently McCarthy knows Zimmerman is already guilty of something.

You 49 other states out there just don't know how to do things. Look at our fine crime record here in Chicago. Who want's to follow this lead?

C'mon man!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Czecher View Post
    From the Chicago Tibune:

also quote-worthy....

I thought that case was still going through the court system but apparently McCarthy knows Zimmerman is already guilty of something.

You 49 other states out there just don't know how to do things. Look at our fine crime record here in Chicago. Who want's to follow this lead?

C'mon man!!
    The thing about the Zimmerman/Martin case in Florida is that there are something like one million CCW permits in Florida and they can point to precisly ONE example where it may have been misused? C'mon man!!!! As you said, the case is still in the courts, we have no idea wheather it was in accordance with the law or not, the case isn't even at trial yet. But here we are, using one unknown sample to demonize the entire thing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Another day...another story

This is just another example of what we must deal with. From the Tribune:

Seized guns on display weren't from 2013... A police spokeswoman said McCarthy had hoped to display 25 weapons from among the more than 300 seized since Jan. 1 — but in fact the ones shown were from last year. Some dated from last summer, according to inventory tags on the weapons.

“Well, you know what the point is? These are representative of what we’re recovering today,” McCarthy said. “The problem is that many of the guns we’re recovering today are arrest evidence, and we can’t display them. So what we’ll do is substitute one for the other. OK?”
    Said differently...."I'm just going to make stuff up to prove my point ok? Look how scary these guns are although I can't guarantee they were actually used in any crime"

Once again....Cmon Man!!!

Feedback Score
    Backing up one and McCarthy talking about 49 states have CC doesn't make Illinois wrong. Well it sure as hell doesn't make you right. Let's look at this. For years Chicago had a gun ban. And it did nothing. Currently Illinois has a CCW ban. And it does nothing. Chicago is an armpit because the cops are not policing the city. The bad guys have more rights than the good guys.

And don't even get me started on the "Reverend" Jesse Jackson....

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Look this is Illinois/ Chicago, it does not matter what the state wants, all the politicians are puppets of the emperor of Chicago. Rule of law. Constitution does not exist. McCarthyhas the worst record for any big city Chief and the worst for Chicago Chief, he's the Lovie Smith of CPD, but he kisses Rahm's ass and has HD knee pads and buys Chapstick by the case so he will be around as head minion as long as the king is around and we'll never see a viable CCW in this state

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gunrunner505 View Post
    No good deals at all.

Saw USGI 30 rd mags for $50 and higher, PMAGS were about the same. One dude had one of those 100 round double drum AR mags for $450 bucks.
    Garands were $1000 and up.
    1911s were anywhere from $450 for some POS I'd never heard of all the way to $3800 for a Colt 1911.
    Saw and Armalite AR with a fixed A2 carry handle for $2400. Simmilar Wyndam for $1200
    Ammo was disappearing like you read about.

The Kane County Gun Show was absolutely ridiculous this year. Luckily I know a guy who sells AR/AK parts and accessories out of Naperville. Picked up a couple more PMAGs from him for $25ea. I know that's $10 more than what they were pre-Sandy Hook, but it's better than paying $100 on gunbroker.

A friend of mine came at 0830. I told him to come at 0730 because I knew it was going to be worse than Best Buy on black Friday. By the time he came, you couldn't walk down an aisle. He was looking for an XD, and the only vendor selling them at a decent price was the Murengo booth. (love their place, btw. They sell below MSRP for guns. They did price gouge on ammo and PMAGs though). Some nutjob was asking over $800 for a used XD9.

Noticed a lot more chinese junk that was overpriced too. Few kids purchased a booth in the back behind the cafeteria. Selling a UTG 3x magnifier-no mount- $116.
    Last edited by demonicr1; 01-15-13 at 22:28.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast