Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FULL-EAG 3-Day Carbine Operators Course - Sept. 2008 in NC-FULL WITH STANDBY LIST

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

FULL-EAG 3-Day Carbine Operators Course - Sept. 2008 in NC-FULL WITH STANDBY LIST

EAG Tactical Training
    3 Day Carbine Operators Course

EAG Tactical (Pat Rogers and Crew) will conduct a 3 Day Carbine Operators course on September 29, 30 and October 1, 2008 at the Johnston Community College Law Enforcement Firing Range located at the Howell Woods Learning Center, 6601 Devils Race Track Road Four Oaks, NC 27524. This course is about fighting with the 5.56x45mm carbine, and the training is geared toward that specific skill set. This is not a shooting course- it is a fighting course.

Price is as follows:$550.00
    Range Fee: $30.00

Payment in full is requested 30 days prior to the class unless prior arrangements have been made. USG, DoD, other organizations can continue to pay via credit card or purchase order. Contact us if you have questions.
    Note that the range fee will be collected on the morning of the first day during the completion of the normal admin stuff prior to the beginning of training, ONLY CHECK OR MONEY ORDER WILL BE ACCEPTED AS PAYMENT FOR THE RANGE FEE.

To register, go to www.eagtactical.com and complete the application. Submit the application with the appropriate credentials (see below).

Once you have been accepted you will receive a notice as well as lodging information. If you have any questions, contact us directly- we will do are best to resolve any issues.

Learning Objectives

3 Day Carbine Operators Course:
    This is a moderate intensity class to sharpen your fighting skills with the 5.56x56mm carbine.

• 4 safety rules
    • Range Rules
    • Combat Triad
    (Weapons manipulation skills are highly stressed)
    • Stance, balance, grip, mount-vertical fore grip/ magazine well
    • Ready Positions
    • Optical/ iron sights
    • Offset
    • External/ terminal ballistics
    • Magazine choices
    • Equipment Choices • BZO Theory
    • Loading/ reloading
    • Positions- conventional/ asymmetrical
    • Pairs, Failure Drills, Non Standard Response
    • Malfunction reduction
    • Multiple Target Engagements
    • Pistol Transition
    • Shooting on the move
    • Shooting laterally
    • Stepping off line of attack
    • Qual Course Carbine

The actual content of the course may vary slightly due to range restrictions and also to better accommodate the skill sets of the shooters

What to Expect

A three day class on how to fight with the carbine. This is not shooting polka dots, but is a condensed version of what we are using today. The class is moderately physical.
    Attendees must be active police officers; Active Duty Military; or possess a valid pistol license from any state. A Certificate of Good Conduct (no criminal record) or equivalent from your local Law Enforcement Agency will suffice.
    Live fire exercises are inherently dangerous. Safety violations will be dealt with harshly. We cannot afford to have an unsafe shooter in a class.

I reserve the right to refuse admission to the class for any reason. I reserve the right to remove anyone from the class for any reason.

What to Bring
    A good attitude!

• A serviceable 5.56mm Carbine.
    What you bring is not as important as the fact that it works. Having a spare extractor/ spring is not a bad idea. Bring the lube of your choice. But bring lube.

• 1300 Rounds of serviceable carbine ammunition; 250 rounds pistol ammunition.

• The amount of ammunition recommended is an average. The actual number of rounds fired may be more or less depending on overall skill level of the class, weather and range issues.

• A minimum of 3 serviceable magazines for the carbine. More are obviously better- the less jamming of magazines you do during the day, the more time you learn how to fight.

• The carbine needs a sling. A tac sling works better, but any sling will do.

• A means to carry at least two carbine magazines on your person.

• If you have a red dot sight, bring spare batteries.

• A serviceable pistol, with three serviceable magazines.

• A holster and magazine pouch.

• Eye and earpro, as well as a baseball type hat.
    • Water. A CamelBak is ideal, but be prepared to hydrate.

• Bring food. Bring munchies as well as lickies and chewies. If you are not physically at your best, you will not be able to function safely and efficiently.

• Knee and elbow pads.

• Pen/ pencil.

If you have questions, contact Pat Rogers at info@eagtactical.com

Or Jeff Freuler at jfreuler@hotmail.com or jfreuler@ncshp.org
    Last edited by GLOCKMASTER; 09-08-08 at 16:16.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    BTT....

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nothing like a good Monday bump to the top....

Feedback Score
    Is this class suitable for a beginner, someone who is just learning about the AR?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It is a good start. However you need to learn as much as you can about working and driving the carbine prior to the class. Couple this class with Dean's class on Saturday and Sunday prior to Pat's and you should be well ahead of the game.

wanderlust Guest
    It is a good class for a beginner. Check out the web site, it spells out several things.

http://www.eagtactical.com/articles.asp

Like JFreuler said, the more familiar you are with the basics of the carbine (just get comfortable working the mag release, charging handle, safety, etc) and your gear before you go, the more you will get out of it, and the more you will enjoy it.

Don't get too wrapped around the axle of perfecting reloads, malfunction clearances, etc. That is what you are paying money to go and learn!

Feedback Score
    I would strongly suggest Pat's class for the "less experienced" shooter of the AR. He will challenge you and you will learn a ton in those three days and it will be a fighting based course from beginning to end.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post
    I would strongly suggest Pat's class for the "less experienced" shooter of the AR. He will challenge you and you will learn a ton in those three days and it will be a fighting based course from beginning to end.
    Bring extra ammo! I almost needed to beg Wayne for some ammo in the Brady class!

Spooky

Feedback Score
    Planning any more classes at the Carthage, NC location? I just saw you did one in February and that would be a great location for me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NetJunkie View Post
    Planning any more classes at the Carthage, NC location? I just saw you did one in February and that would be a great location for me.
    Only Pat can only answer that question. If you email him I'm sure he would gladly answer your question.

If not come on out to the September class.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast