Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SPR Build: What rial/forearm? DONE!!!!!

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    My SPR has a WOA barrel so I'm not much help there. Rainier barrels get good reviews and will be cheaper than Noveske. Noveske barrels are just amazing but ya pay for it.
    And here's my Apex on a 14.5" Noveske barrel for more pics!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Just ordered a Navy SPR 18" barrel from Fulton. It is described as an "overrun." I am going to make this into a MK12 for sure now. Gaining the funds for the PRI GenIII; just deciding to either go the 15" or 12". I have a low-profile gas block, so the 15" should fit around it.

Question is: What gas tube does their barrel require, and what muzzle device should I use? I was thinking of going with the expensive Ops Inc 12th, but am highly considering an AAC blackout FN.

http://www.fulton-armory.com/barreld...8threaded.aspx
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    I really like the look of that Apex tube. I'm planning to use one on my .308 SPR project.

As far as the Fulton Navy-SPR barrel, the description says it's a rifle gas length. Grab a rifle gas tube and you should be set.

Muzzle devices are a personal thing. My Recce-ish carbine uses the AAC Blackout, and I'm happy with it. Took me a while to start ignoring the tuning fork style ringing after each shot.

If this gun is pretty much a range toy, or you plan on mounting a suppressor some day, I'd go ahead and get the brake. If you plan on suppressing it, then figure out what suppressor you want and get the brake that fits it. If you just want a brake, I've heard a lot of good things about the Z-Comp that recently came out. But there are a lot of other decent ones around, I'm sure a good search will turn up lots of good choices.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like the Centurion rails. fairly light weight while very sturdy, and use the existing barrel barrel nut. the only problem in your case is that they top out at 12" and for an 18" barrel I'd want something a little longer.

with 18" barrel I'd look at the new Geiselle 15" but it is more money and uses a proprietary barrel nut which if you didn't have the tools and expertise to change would add gunsmithing costs...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am going to confirm my decision on creating a MK12 Mod 0. I am ordering the PRI front sight/gas block base, and I guess the rifle length GENIII handguard for it. I have been bitten by the bug. Since I am getting the true Navy SPR barrel, might as well.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    Nothing wrong with that. Enjoy it! I've been wanting to try some higher powered glass on my Centurion CHF-Barreled carbine. The TR24 is fun, but I want to see what I can do with a 3-9 or so.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Just ordered the Evolution 15" rail from Rainier for my SPR rail, it was either that or the Troy Alpha.

Feedback Score
    You'll like the Rainier/Samson tube.

Just make sure you install the heat sinks properly. Open hole goes under the barrel!

Made the mistake of reversing a set. Took forever to tweak the tube back into spec.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hammer_Man View Post
    You'll like the Rainier/Samson tube.

Just make sure you install the heat sinks properly. Open hole goes under the barrel!

Made the mistake of reversing a set. Took forever to tweak the tube back into spec.
    Noted, do not want to deal with that lol

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Mauser, good choice with going the PRI MOD 0 direction. I always wanted one myself. I own a Knights SR-15 Match which is basically a MOD 1. Now you have me itching to build a MOD 0 myself!!!

And Trident 82, beautiful sticks....as usual.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast