Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SPR Build: What rial/forearm? DONE!!!!!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Sweet build!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chakup View Post
    Slide a thin allen wrench or similiar through the gastube hole to get some leverage and slowly walk it out. I've had a couple do this. On one I just finished seating the gastube and took some work to align the holes but it wasn't going anywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Hammer_Man View Post
    THIS is why I put anti-sieze grease on my gas tubes before inserting them.

If I had a dollar for every time I had to wrestle with seized tube I'd be a billionaire
    Thank God I am not the only one.

I did the allen wrench and I did the anti-seize, and I am stuck. Been a little too busy to put the liquid wrench on it, but I am worried it is stuck in there for good. (I wen ahead and ordered another GB and tube from Bravo--PRI's cross-bolt GB/front-sight). I am going to try to salvage it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Sweet build!
    Thanks.

Will be better once I can get out and shoot it.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Update yet again, and it is STILL not finished.

The top rail I ordered from PRI was for their delta handguard, so I had returned it for the correct one, plus more proper tools. If anyone in my area is looking for a MK12 repair shop, they can come to me.

I bought the front-site, gas block from BCM, alas it is the cross bolt. lock tight will be in order.

I did get to shoot it. 6 rounds without fail or malfunction. But I have to take it apart to get the top rail on, and to double check the barrel nut. This is my first full complete build and I was ecstatic to say the least that it worked.

Pics.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Looks great! Digging the whole combination! Just needs an NF optic on top

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Project complete. Sorry, mic227, Vortex 5X15 Viper HD.

Got to test fire it once more after a few tweaks and scrutinizing adjustments. Overall, it is solid: 14 pounds there are about's. Have not tested accuracy as of yet.

I put the scope on the rings myself with a leveler and ruler. I am going to take it to my local gunsmith Thursday for a final fit and torque down of the screws.

Harris bipod rocks, but I have it on a YHM bipod adapter.

Changed the hand grip to a Bravo: much nicer feel; a bit more natural (but I still love the MIAD grips).

VLTOR EMOD is perfect for this, and I do not have a cheek weld issue, surprisingly when I was fearing the ADM 20MOA Recon rings and base was going to make it too tall with the PRI top rail riser.

Yes I have a hand stop behind the bipod. No I am not taking it off because it works just fine for me. I need to get some rail protectors and a gear sector hand stop just behind the bipod in order to not scratch the hell out my hand.

The Ops Inc muzzle brake will take some getting used to; but it would not be a MK12 without it.

This was my first build from top to bottom (minus machining). I am rather satisfied and proud of myself in taking the effort to really do this. By no means this could have been done a lot better, a little cheaper by getting the correct parts and tools, and less scratches by using masking tape next time. To be honest I should have built a mid-length fist before this, but the political climate and availability of parts in a way forced me to go the MK12 route in the end.

I had set out to make a SPR and the thread was started to ask what rail system to get. But alas, the gamer in my latched on to the MK12 Mod 0 in one of the games I frequent: AMRA2 with the ACE mod. I studied and looked into it and decided I was going to make a semi-clone of it. By the grace of God my Google-fu led me to Fullton Armory and a "NAVY SPR overrun" on Douglas SS blanks. Everything else either PRI or BCM actually had in stock.

Troubles and problems:
    1. Gas block and tube did not fit. Ended up ordering the PRI cross bolt gas block w/front sight and another gas tube. Fit was perfect.
    2. Get the correct tools and parts. Saves money and goes along way. Plus I am I can now open a MK12 MOD 0 repair shop in my local area.
    3. Had to replace the crush washer after removing the muzzle brake for checks.
    4. scratches here and there: masking tape next time.

Hopefully this weekend I can sight it in and see how it groups.

Thanks everyone who contributed.

Pictured with my new Glock 22 and Pelican case.

What DiFi would like me to build.

Last edited by Mauser KAR98K; 01-29-13 at 01:41.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Very nice...and I would imagine extremely gratifying.

Love the last pic....!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345