Page 1 of 242 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The ban is coming.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)

The ban is coming.

To keep this topic out of sandy hook threads I figured I would start this one.

Normally I would say there is no way a ban would happen but given the fact that of these shootings they will be bringing the bans out more than ever.

Whats everyone elses feeling given the recent violence that seems to be getting out of hand. Especially the most recent one which may just be the straw that broke the camels back.
    Last edited by sinlessorrow; 01-17-13 at 16:40.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I can say, without a doubt, that some sort of ban is coming. I would expect it to be reminiscent of the 94 AWB, just slightly more educated on what they are actually restricting. The left is basically begging for it, Obama has said he will seek it, and with the ****ing horrible tragedy of today it will be hard for weak RINO's to resist.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    In the grand scheme of things, these shootings are a pimple on an elephants ass compared to the real problems facing America today. All though tragic, more people have been killed in automobile crashes today than the CT elementary school shooting. Any legislation to ban firearms in private hands will be done as merely another slight of hand to further distract us from the true problem, and that is an out of control government that can't balance a checkbook.

Also, it's a waste of time to worry about future legislation that we have no idea what it may or may not contain.

My .02

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    In the grand scheme of things, these shootings are a pimple on an elephants ass compared to the real problems facing America today. All though tragic, more people have been killed in automobile crashes today than the CT elementary school shooting. Any legislation to ban firearms in private hands will be done as merely another slight of hand to further distract us from the true problem, and that is an out of control government that can't balance a checkbook.

Also, it's a waste of time to worry about future legislation that we have no idea what it may or may not contain.

My .02
    But of course, Tobacco kills nearly 500X more than firearms do. That does not change the fact that 4 shoots, one of which invovled 18+ children will be the death of gun rights as well as companies that make and sell firearms.
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    No it isn't..

A gun Ban would require all new legislation. It would need to pass both the House and Senate. The House is controlled by the GOP and there are moderate/conservative Democrats in the Senate to minimize support there.

This is not 1994. Even with tragedies like today you are not going to see a ban pass. If Obama wanted a Gun ban he needed to do it in the first 2 years of his term because that was the only time he could get it through.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    but I need a excuse to buy more stuff.

Feedback Score
    With all due respect for the victims and their families of the CT shooting:

At the risk of sounding like I need an aluminum foil hat, these shootings have almost come at convenient times for Obama and those who want to take our guns.

They never talk about what exactly drove the person to commit the crimes. The Colorado movie shooter has his psychiatric records sealed (I wonder how many have been under psychiatric care, the VT shooter was as well)

They always go to a location where they know the chances of being shot by a bystander is minimized.

They seemingly don't care about getting caught or killed, they simply want to terrify and strike out at someone or something.

There is never an investigation by the media as to what exactly drives people to do such things. How do they become so frustrated that their solution is to shoot innocent people?

There have been reports in some of the shootings of more than one actor: the Colorado shooting, the Sikh temple shooting, and now this one in CT. Yet, the media and authorities never seem to pursue the multiple assailant angle, even when as in the Sikh shooting, there was an on camera interview of a person who said that FOUR men dressed in black came into the temple and were shooting. Conveniently, the lone shooter that was penned up killed himself.

While I would have to check, it seems as though we have had more shootings during the Obama Administration, the gun hating administration, than any other.

Given that the Obama Administration illegally ran guns into Mexico then claimed (along with the Mexican president) that we need to do something about the "assault weapons" flowing into Mexico, I see no reasons why they wouldn't figure out a way of influencing those most vulnerable into acts of violence.

Just all too convenient for their political agenda, and unless we make it clear that guns are not the issue, that the issue is the people with the guns, we are ALL going to lose our Second Amendment rights.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sinlessorrow View Post
    But of course, Tobacco kills nearly 500X more than firearms do. That does not change the fact that 4 shoots, one of which invovled 18+ children will be the death of gun rights as well as companies that make and sell firearms.
    Many other similar events in the last decade have not caused the death of firearms rights or firearms manufacturers. The sky isn't falling.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    So far what I have heard about the latest tragedy is that it was a 20 year old from New Jersey and (2) 9mm handguns.

So:

-Must be 21 to purchase a handgun
    -From a state that already has an AWB
    -Into a state that already has an AWB
    -Carried a gun into a "gun free zone"
    -Shot unarmed children and adults
    -Must be 21 to buy ammo for a handgun

The list of laws broken here is already nearly as long as the list of victims. How would making another AWB have prevented any of this?

Surely people aren't stupid enough to think that laws would prevent this. Just luck at what happened in China.

However, look who just got reelected POTUS...

Unfortunately, I think there are going to be A LOT more of these next week leading up to that stupid media fueled "end of the world" Mayan calendar crap not to mention just the plain stupid copycats.

Page 1 of 242 1231151101 ... LastLast