Page 3 of 242 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The ban is coming.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    We're all pissed off and upset but let's not get pissy with each other.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    The sky isn't falling, and "we" need to be careful in how we react to this.

BUT.

I do not believe America has the will to see a classroom full of kindergartners hauled out in body bags without the cry of "DO SOMETHING!" becoming so deafening that even many on our side will feel they have to give in.

It's different this time. People who have had no interest in the gun debate even through other shootings (of adults) are right now watching a constant stream of dead kids and crying and posting on Facebook about how "why do we keep letting people have guns?".

They can't make sense of it (who can, really). They can only react. And there isn't an "easy" reaction to this. The masses will ask, "what could have prevented this?" and they will be presented with two options.
    One option requires a great deal of effort, discipline, and constant vigilance, and still carries this risk of something happening, and then being required to face it head on if it did.

The other answer involves legislators signing some papers that will never affect them, and really does nothing to solve the problem, but requires no effort on anyone's part really, just a bit of an inconvenience for a few nuts.

Which do you think they'll choose?

People would send their microchip their kids, have them tracked on GPS, and keep them schooled in a max security prison if it made them feel safer about it.
    Despite the intelligence behind your argument, there will be many here who truly believe nothing will come of this.

When another ban is enacted, being able to say "I tried to warn you a month ago, why didn't you take more action?" won't help any of us buy more magazines or another AR.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    We're all pissed off and upset but let's not get pissy with each other.
    Agreed!

Now is the time we must all work together and mourn for those who died, and fight to keep our rights at the same time.

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    One Executive Order coming up. Pro-gun legislators will be deserting that ship in droves.

Feedback Score
    We didn't have gun bans because of the Columbine tragedy. I think we'll be okay.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    agree but sort of different POTUS agenda these days; cant avoid taking that into account.
    Matthew 10:28

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    We didn't have gun bans because of the Columbine tragedy. I think we'll be okay.
    Columbine was not a bunch of 5yr old children. When it comes to small children people think differently.
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Colt builds War Horses, not show ponies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    The media is already calling this "worse than Columbine."

The Anointed One is supposed to give a speech this afternoon.

I may have to dial back my optimism: this may be the one the gun banners have been waiting for. Watch the media and the gun grabbers really push for something this time.

Feedback Score
    I fear you may be correct.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    One Executive Order coming up. Pro-gun legislators will be deserting that ship in droves.
    I think so too. The EO will come quickly, because "it's the right thing to do, as I cannot wait one more day for Congress to protect our children".

He will then sit on the order, and Congress will bend over and give him exactly what he wants.

We are fools to believe otherwise.

THIS WAS CHILDREN...not adults. People NEVER react logically when it comes to children.

As I said earlier, almost seems chillingly convenient. Obama talked about a new AWB right after being elected, and here he is handed a perfect stepping stone to that end.

And yes, I do believe he and those of his ilk would allow this or push for it if it furthered their leftist agenda to destroy this nation.

Page 3 of 242 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast