Thread: Colt commander 4860xse

Feedback Score

Colt commander 4860xse

I'm in the market for a colt lite weight commander.
    What's the general consensus here on the latest offering from colt in the XSE series? Anything to be concerned about?

Thanks all.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Colt is making some of the best 1911s in their price bracket. Buy with confidence. I happen to own one of the XSE Lightweight Commanders and it's my pride and joy. It's been reliable and a joy to carry. I highly recommend it if you want a carry gun with a stainless finish. All I've done to mine was replace the duckbill grip safety with a Wilson drop-in beavertail.
    Last edited by El Pistolero; 12-17-12 at 03:56.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Buy with confidence, Colt has really stepped up their game and has put out some quality 1911's.

Feedback Score
    Excellent news, now to find a dealer with one in stock.
    Thanks for the quick replies.

Chuck

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPD View Post
    Excellent news, now to find a dealer with one in stock.
    Thanks for the quick replies.

Chuck
    Good luck trying to find one....

Feedback Score
    I've seen a few on gunbroker and gunsamerica, so they are out there somewhere. Will probably spend most the day fri visiting the local fun stores a roundly the Indy area. Prefer to buy local if I can locate one.

Feedback Score
    Current production Colt 1911 pattern pistols, while not perfect, are some of the finest pistols Colt has ever made. Very high quality, good dimensions for carry guns, excellent steel/heat treat and nice fit/finish.

Feedback Score
    I bought a LW Commander a couple of months ago, except for the trigger it is a great pistol. The trigger pull on mine ran 6.5 to 8.5 lbs out of the box. For me it's not a big deal because I always do a trigger job to get the trigger pull to 4lbs. So I installed a Cylinder & Slide 4lb trigger kit and put in Brownells S80 Trigger Pull Reduction Kit. Did a little adjusting of the sear spring and got a 3lb 15 oz to 4lb 2 oz trigger pull. No fitting was needed, all the parts fit just fine and all the safety checks were good.

I've got 250 rounds thru it so far and it's a great pistol. It's accurate, feeds everything I put thru it including some 185gr JHPs that none of my other 1911s will feed reliably!! The light weight makes it a joy to carry all day. My other carry gun is an all steel STI Ranger II. The weight was giving my hips and back trouble, so I went to the LW Commander. This is my first Colt pistol, I'll be buying another one!!
    A 45 may not expand but it will never be smaller than .45!!
    gunfighter48
    NRA Life Member

Feedback Score
    I bought a new Lw commander about 9 months ago to replace the Lw commander I bought back in 96. I kept the old one but I am carrying the new one everyday. So far all I have done is put on a set of crimson trace laser grips. I was disappointed with the poorly fitted poor quality cast thumb safety but I have not replaced it yet