Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Just wait it out?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)

Just wait it out?

After the recent events ammo has disappeared and skyrocketed in price. Natchez is my favorite place to buy bulk 5.56, last time I bought it, about a month ago, it was $379 plus shipping, the best I could find. Now when I looked at their site a week ago it was out of stock and at $399. Now after these horrible events it is 426 or something, and is still out of stock.

All the places I have looked its damn close to 500 dollars for 1,000 rounds. And different variations of inflated prices, and everything is gone anyway.

So for those that do not reload, or make their own, do you think just waiting for a month or so would be good? Or do you see prices only going up?
    Last edited by Zane1844; 12-17-12 at 11:10.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you absolutely need it for a class or something, a one-time purchase of 500 or 1,000 rounds at an inflated price won't really hurt that much overall. But I wouldn't make a habit of it. You don't want to be sitting on ammo that you bought at 50 cents/round when it's back to selling at 30 per. Me, I see more 22 long in my immediate future. That and 7.62x54r, the last bastion of affordable centerfire ammo (I guess 5.45 too).

Do what you gotta do. It may take longer than a month for the panic to die down, and panic's what it's become in the last 72 hours. Everyone running for the door at the same time.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pariah Carey View Post
    If you absolutely need it for a class or something, a one-time purchase of 500 or 1,000 rounds at an inflated price won't really hurt that much overall. But I wouldn't make a habit of it. You don't want to be sitting on ammo that you bought at 50 cents/round when it's back to selling at 30 per. Me, I see more 22 long in my immediate future. That and 7.62x54r, the last bastion of affordable centerfire ammo (I guess 5.45 too).

Do what you gotta do. It may take longer than a month for the panic to die down, and panic's what it's become in the last 72 hours. Everyone running for the door at the same time.

Yeah I agree. I hope we do not see the day when standard FMJ becomes $1.00 a round. If I can find any deals in the coming months on bulk ammo I will try to get it, I just cannot spend 50 cents a round when a month or two ago I pad 30 cents, guess I have to stop shooting for a while.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just moments ago I bought some 7.62x39 from Cabelas, a round I've been in the market for lately. It is the Herter's ammo, which is like their house brand. Cheap Russian stuff but hey it's the 7.62x39. 22 cents a round and free shipping with the promotional code.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    After the recent events ammo has disappeared and skyrocketed in price. Natchez is my favorite place to buy bulk 5.56, last time I bought it, about a month ago, it was $379 plus shipping, the best I could find. Now when I looked at their site a week ago it was out of stock and at $399. Now after these horrible events it is 426 or something, and is still out of stock.

All the places I have looked its damn close to 500 dollars for 1,000 rounds. And different variations of inflated prices, and everything is gone anyway.

So for those that do not reload, or make their own, do you think just waiting for a month or so would be good? Or do you see prices only going up?

See if these guys can help you out any.

I know them personally.

http://www.ammosupplywarehouse.com

*MY line in the sand has long been drawn.
    And in today's world... it's sobering to look what ground is left in front of it*
    ---------------------------------------
    But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; - Ephesians 5:3

Feedback Score
    Wait it out. The fundamentals haven't changed. This is just a hyped-up bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson View Post
    See if these guys can help you out any.
    Great! I didn't know this one, but I'm book-marking it...

Feedback Score
    Yep, Wait. I'd only buy what you need to get through a class or what not over the next two months.

Feedback Score
    You don't want to be sitting on ammo that you bought at 50 cents/round when it's back to selling at 30 per.
    I just cannot spend 50 cents a round when a month or two ago I pad 30 cents
    Damn, I wish I could figure out a way to "short" ammo.

Me, I see more 22 long in my immediate future.
    As .223 rises to 10x the price of .22lr, I'm happier and happier with my .22lr conversion.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    made the question a thread.
    Last edited by Zane1844; 12-17-12 at 22:36.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Damn, I wish I could figure out a way to "short" ammo.
    I wish I could short BCGs. Retards act like they're magic beans.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast