Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Strippers or no?

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)

Strippers or no?

Sorry guys, not the dancing type in this case.

I was just curious as to if you all prefer your ammo on stripper clips or loose and why.

I know it is faster to load from a stripper but I am always afraid I am going to lose the spoon and be stuck...
    Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly; the ill deeds along with the good, and let me be judged accordingly.

Feedback Score
    140 (100%)
    I like mine on stripper clips.

All the cases I've ever ordered that had ammo on stripper clips had 3 spoons included. I've also bought them for $.50 or so at the gun show because no one seems to know what they are.

I use GI magazines, so I haven't had any issues that sometimes crop up on polymer magazazines.

Surefire 60 rounders also eat stripper clips fine too(in my limited experience).
    You dig your grave with your fork.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I prefer my ammo as affordable as possible. Sometimes that means it comes on stripper clips but more often, it means it's loose. The biggest problem I've found stripper clips for any rifle isn't that I might lose the spoon, but keeping the ammo from falling out of the strippers before they can be loaded into the mag! If you do lose the spoon, the rounds can still be stripped from the clip and loaded into the mag singly.

Whether you get your ammo in stripper clips or loose, get yourself a Strip Lula. I've been using one and it makes loading magazines much easier!

OOPS! Wrong picture! Let's try this one

Last edited by MistWolf; 03-02-13 at 19:27.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Get a StipLula. You can load with strippers or you can load 10 round right into it. Really great magazine loader.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oLCRJka3CN0

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Strippers or no?

I have everything on stripper clips. I think it stores better. A StripLula is a must have.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Ryno12; 03-03-13 at 00:03.
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    140 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I prefer my ammo as affordable as possible. Sometimes that means it comes on stripper clips but more often, it means it's loose.
    I agree with this but for me, as of late, this means turning to gunbroker. For some reason people seem to be scared of ammo loaded on stripper clips and I've been able to buy both XM193 and some 64gr Winchester(granted I didn't know Winchester sold ammo loaded on stripper clips) for under $.51 a round shipped. I never manage to catch any of the other ammo deals in time and my backordered stuff hasn't shipped yet.
    I just have to remind myself not to get into bidding wars..
    You dig your grave with your fork.

Feedback Score
    121 (100%)
    Does the StripLula work with Pmags? I have been trying to find a box of GI mags, but as everyone knows they are no where to be found.
    "Fear The Man With Only One Rifle"

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I use spoons and strippers on my pmags. Works very well and I don't lose any spoons. Every can/bandolear comes with three and they are everywhere so I'm not concerned. The Stripula looks like a fix to something thats not broken...unless of course you have no spoons or stripper clips.
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ah shit nevermind . . .
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Brazier View Post
    Does the StripLula work with Pmags? I have been trying to find a box of GI mags, but as everyone knows they are no where to be found.
    Works like a charm!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast