Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Just wait it out?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mistifier View Post
    A buddy that has a friend in Florida (dont know where)just said that their paying $3 /rnd. Can anyone confirm?
    I doubt this is correct... here in Miami the crazy gougers are all asking in the vicinity of $1/rd, and my local range has some cheap stuff (Independence) available at $0.80/rd.

Feedback Score
    I've got no expertise in weapons and ammo (thanks to this forum I've started my education slowly) but my profession requires me to have an expertise in supply and demand. In my opinion the ammo situation is clearly a "wait it out if you can." Ammo isnt going anywhere and supply will catch up, its just a matter of when. AR-s and mags are the wild card because if production would cease, prices skyrocket. I'm not breaking news here...but it seems logical to pay a little more for mags now, and wait on ammo if possible. Do you really want to be shorthanded on mags if a ban goes thru because you didn't want to buy them on back order at $13 from brownells?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rhino View Post
    I've got no expertise in weapons and ammo (thanks to this forum I've started my education slowly) but my profession requires me to have an expertise in supply and demand. In my opinion the ammo situation is clearly a "wait it out if you can." Ammo isnt going anywhere and supply will catch up, its just a matter of when. AR-s and mags are the wild card because if production would cease, prices skyrocket. I'm not breaking news here...but it seems logical to pay a little more for mags now, and wait on ammo if possible. Do you really want to be shorthanded on mags if a ban goes thru because you didn't want to buy them on back order at $13 from brownells?
    What is average safe amount of mags to keep stocked up on in others opinion? Nobody seems to like to answer this question, but I would like to hear the opinions of the experienced members on this site...thanks!
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    i do not claim to be experienced, but i read somewhere that you should have around 10 mags. I am trying to keep at least 7.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy Rhino View Post
    Probably some of the best sense I've heard out of anyone in a long time.

Feedback Score
    Min of 10 for each.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
    Tell him to pm me, at $2 a round I sell him 1K XM193 w/ammo can, free shipping & nude pic of my ole lady.
    What does she look like? Measurements?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Airhasz View Post
    What is average safe amount of mags to keep stocked up on in others opinion? Nobody seems to like to answer this question, but I would like to hear the opinions of the experienced members on this site...thanks!
    I have about 30 GI Mags in good shape. Barely used.
    Also have 4 PMags that I have thought about selling. hehe
    But probably won't.
    Someone on here said it best when they stated magazines are DISPOSABLE. I think Mr. Pat Rogers also states this in his "Make Ready" video on Basic Carbine.
    And the advice I have seen said to buy as many as you can. You don't need to USE them all at once but being they will fail eventually, you will have them. I think magazines are a very worthwhile stock to hold onto. Can't shoot much w/out em.

I'm eyeing some 20 rounders for $27 a pop on a famous site in these parts.

A gun show here in town, which, I didn't get to go to because my wife was sick, had 30rnd GI Mags for $20 a pop.

As far as history goes and purchasing ammo, I understand where you're coming from when you way "shoulda already HAD what you need".
    Unfortunately, family and finances always dictate what can be bought and what cannot. I myself was on unemployment looking for work and not finding anything. So, guess what? I didn't buy any ammo when it was slightly more than $300 a case. And lots of options as far as grains and manufacturing.

All this said, I've got a line on some that will be here first week of March. About a case and half. I need to expend alittle of it but I'm gonna hang on to as much as possible and continue to wait till (if) prices come back down. I think there is A LOT of panic buying going on. Perhaps to be outdone by savvy businessmen who saw what was about to happen and are now rather profitable from it.

*MY line in the sand has long been drawn.
    And in today's world... it's sobering to look what ground is left in front of it*
    ---------------------------------------
    But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; - Ephesians 5:3

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Cabelas was slim pickins today. NO primers, No decent powders.

I bought pants.... That's how sad it was.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SMETNA View Post
    I've still got a few hundred rounds of WPA 62gr HP for training, and about 1500 rounds of PPU and Winchester M855 for a rainy day.

The WPA will be gone by April, then I can't train anymore until prices stabilize. Oh well, guess ill have to work on my Jeep in the meanwhile
    have you found that 62gr HP to be more accurate than other run of the mill ammo? I have. it shoots about 1" out of my 16" BCM LW middy. I don't like to run steel case through my "good" guns but with results like this...
    never push a wrench...

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast