Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Just wait it out?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I just started to get into reloading only to find out that Brass, Primers, and powder are just as hard to come by in .223 and .308.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blwn99x View Post
    down here in Florida the ammo problem is getting worse...
    No improvement here in the Vegas Valley unless you are looking for 17HMR, 22-250, 243 or 270Win. Even 12ga shells are cleaned out at a Wallyworld I went to the other night. I have actually been thinking about buying a rifle in one of the above calibers just to be able to shoot more often.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPD15-5 View Post
    I just started to get into reloading only to find out that Brass, Primers, and powder are just as hard to come by in .223 and .308.
    This is my problem to. I finally got my funds for a complete XL650 setup for .223 and 9mm with all the bells and whistles. Then presses are back ordered for several months and no components.

I'm just gonna save the money and wait 3-4 months to see if it gets any better.

Feedback Score
    I'm not buying any ammo now, and don't plan on buying any until the frenzy subsides. This is partly because of the difficulty of finding it, partly because of high prices if I can find it, and partly to try to do my part to counteract the lower availability and higher prices resulting from the buying frenzy. I am well-stocked on all my calibers, and I have cut back significantly on my consumption to slow down depletion of my inventory.

I'm also not buying more mags or guns, for that matter, at least for the time being.
    Last edited by oldtexan; 02-28-13 at 13:47.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    We're shootin more than ever because no one is in the best shooting spots!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I checked all three Wal-Mart Supercenters in town. All three had the ammo shelves stripped bare of anything but 22LR shotshells and less-common rifle calibers. I had hoped things would be getting better, and like some others drew up a list of reloading equipment and supplies, which of course are now just as impossible to find. I've got ammo stocked up to last until early summer. Hope things settle down by then.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Ironically, after posting this morning I actually managed to find some reasonably priced 9mm locally this evening. Perhaps I should complain more

Feedback Score
    Think about bartering with your fellow shooters for what you need. I haven't owned a 9mm since I gave my BHP to my son - until this week.

A 30 rnd Lancer mag and 50 rnds of Greek 30-06 got me 1,200 pieces of mostly once fired 9mm brass. Also traded some molly .45 ACP bullets for 147 gr M.G. FMJs.

Feedback Score
    Got my case of Prvi Partizan for $350 the other day.

This was from a friend from his own personal stash. Which, is rather large...

Also got a case of 12Ga. 00buck and waiting on the new 9mm stuff from Armscor to come in @ $250 per half case. I think I paid $150 for the shotgun food.

This was a one time deal. If I want any more ammo it's looking like $650+ per case.

I just checked a friends site.
    They have 5.56 in again.
    5 at the moment!

http://www.ammosupplywarehouse.com/c...MMUNITION.html

I talked to him the other day and he told me the prices things are going to and I told him I won't buy anything that is priced crazy like it is. I understand the whole capitalism thing and not knowing if/how much ammo you're going to even get in the future.

But like another poster said, "I'm done". I have enough ammo to defend my house against a couple of thugs if need be and that's enough for me ATM.

I've been looking at these 4 Pmags on my fridge top for the past month or so that I was meaning to take to the last gun show and see if I could be one of those lucky people selling them for a huge mark up. But I didn't make it.

I just feel "lucky" that I was able to get that BCM 20" from G&R and some ammo at this point in time.

Oh, my friend said their ammo doesn't stay on the shelf long at all.
    They are selling it as fast as they manufacturer can get it to 'em.

cheers

*MY line in the sand has long been drawn.
    And in today's world... it's sobering to look what ground is left in front of it*
    ---------------------------------------
    But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; - Ephesians 5:3

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyFingers View Post
    I checked all three Wal-Mart Supercenters in town. All three had the ammo shelves stripped bare of anything but 22LR shotshells and less-common rifle calibers. I had hoped things would be getting better, and like some others drew up a list of reloading equipment and supplies, which of course are now just as impossible to find. I've got ammo stocked up to last until early summer. Hope things settle down by then.
    Walmarts are like a third world country. I am waiting things out. Try gunbot for ammo. You can find some ammo at a decent price ince in a while.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast