Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Just wait it out?

Feedback Score
    I've decided I'm buying nothing but Russian rounds and rimfire until this bull$&!# is sorted out and ammo prices calm down.

Any way we could negotiate a big group buy or something, try to get 5.56 for a less-than-ridiculous price? I don't feel comfortable with under 5k around the place, and given the current climate I'm actually concerned I'm gonna be right about needing it at some point soon

Feedback Score

ammosupplywarehouse

UPDATE

I just looked and they are all sold out on .223/5.56

They had 94 cases the other day!

Things are gettin crazy.
    Ammoman.com says this:
    This store is currently closed until we catch up on the orders we already have.

*MY line in the sand has long been drawn.
    And in today's world... it's sobering to look what ground is left in front of it*
    ---------------------------------------
    But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; - Ephesians 5:3

Feedback Score
    After hearing about brownells magazine sales (3.5 years worth selling in 72 hours) I'd like to hear a comparison on ammo.

Feedback Score
    Yeah I agree. I hope we do not see the day when standard FMJ becomes $1.00 a round.
    That happened today at the Pasadena Gun Show in the Houston TX area today according to a friend that braved the insanity and went there. He reported:

Scads of LEOs to try and direct traffic
    HUGE lines to get into the building
    INSANE prices once you were inside.
    Cheapest AR he said that he saw was $1900, on average they were $2500
    1000rds of 55gr target ammo was available for $1000. Yep, you had to buy bulk to get the low price of $1 per round.

Glad I didn't waste my time going there. Much more productive to work a 12 hour OT shift.....

Saleen

Feedback Score
    Anyone trying to buy now is pretty much a day late and a dollar short IMO.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    Damn, I wish I could figure out a way to "short" ammo.
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I wish I could short BCGs. Retards act like they're magic beans.

You can... It's called selling now, and buying when the prices/availability come back down... It's simply a matter of, how sure are you?
    Last edited by RIDE; 12-23-12 at 06:48.
    Support the NRA

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Unless someone has a need to go expend their ammo, I recommend for the next month or two just sitting tight.

Too many questions still up in the air with respect to both the short-term and long-term availability of both ammo and components.

Anything that is available for sale right now is at what might either be the "new" sustained market cost, or it could be a massive bubble -- nobody on the planet really knows yet.

Feedback Score
    From the looks I see this really effecting rifle ammo (5.56) on an extreme level, as the handgun seems still decent to me and plenty if it left...

Sent from my SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Yeah, I see my 870 getting more and more attention.

I went shooting yesterday, and tried out and shot 400 rounds of Armscor Precision. It was okay for cheap ammo, but I will never buy it again. The there were only two malfunctions. First one round failed to chamber, and locked the bolt up so that I could not even eject it out. So all I could think to do was smack the BCG closed a little, it did not take much pressure, then fire it. It ejected the round.

Next, a round did not eject. The case I assume expanded so that it stuck tight in the chamber. We had to take my cleaning kit and stick the rod down the barrel and push the case out.

After that, the last 200 rounds fired perfectly, but dirty. Besides dented cases, the ammo looked good, was okay for accuracy, was dirty, and malfunctioned badly twice. I would not buy it again, unless I could pay like 5 cents a round.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RIDE View Post
    You can... It's called selling now, and buying when the prices/availability come back down... It's simply a matter of, how sure are you?
    Damn, it's tempting. I have a couple 400-rnd cans of 7.62NATO that I could easily part with (it's Berdan primed, and I'm shooting boxer-primed these days so I can collect the cases).
    I think I paid $90 each for them back in the day. The thought of selling them for $250-300+ each is appealing. Of course, I'd use the money to buy reloading components...

Quote Originally Posted by HackerF15E View Post
    Too many questions still up in the air with respect to both the short-term and long-term availability of both ammo and components.

Anything that is available for sale right now is at what might either be the "new" sustained market cost, or it could be a massive bubble -- nobody on the planet really knows yet.
    I don't think there's any doubt that this is a bubble. I hear talk of banning guns and/or magazines, but I haven't heard any talk about banning ammunition or components.

This kind of demand simply is NOT sustainable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    Yeah, I see my 870 getting more and more attention.
    It's my .22s that are going to get more attention...

Quote Originally Posted by Zane1844 View Post
    I went shooting yesterday, and tried out and shot 400 rounds of Armscor Precision...

Besides dented cases, the ammo looked good, was okay for accuracy, was dirty, and malfunctioned badly twice. I would not buy it again, unless I could pay like 5 cents a round.
    This is awfully anecdotal... What gun are you using? How clean was it? How reliable is it with other ammo? Did you try any other ammo in the same session?

The guys over at TFL are falling over themselves to pay 60¢ a round for this, and a lot of them have reviewed it positively.

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast