Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Just wait it out?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I am just sitting On my ammo which is 90% M855 LC and some priv and wolf Just over a thousand been with out a Job until just recently I will chose to wait it Out ..I just can't Afford and won't get into this Panic Buying .I was late in the game in 2008 ,I Hope the Market will shift back we will just have to wait and see

NRA Member

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post

This is awfully anecdotal... What gun are you using? How clean was it? How reliable is it with other ammo? Did you try any other ammo in the same session?

The guys over at TFL are falling over themselves to pay 60¢ a round for this, and a lot of them have reviewed it positively.
    Sorry about that.

It was 5.56x45 ammo. Through my BCM 16". When rezeroing my aimpoint my Federal 5.56 worked, like always, flawlessly that same day. Every other ammo, PMC, Hornady, Speer, Federal AE, all have never gave me trouble in the past.

The Armscor was noticeably dirtier than Federal, not that big of deal to me,however. What was, was that the ammo was jamming in the chamber. Again, that was only twice out of 400, but was enough for me to want to stay away from it. I read on the site I bought it from, that it was "remanufactured from high quality components." That is what am I guessing led to the cases expanding after being fired in the chamber, and the other one getting stuck with me not being able to remove it with the charging handle like how you would always unload the AR.
    Last edited by Zane1844; 12-23-12 at 12:30.

Feedback Score
    Ive been stocking since 2008 would rotate between what I shoot and keep in stock, Like others, Ill be using my 870 until hopefully things improve "hopefully"

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I am thinking about buying an H1 for a spare RDS. Plus I can throw it on my 870 for fun, and hey I'm quicker with them. But I love shooting far with slugs with the irons.

Shotgun ammo is still plentiful at least.
    Last edited by Zane1844; 12-23-12 at 14:18.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Just make a note of the company's who jack there prices up when this shit happens and remember not to buy from them when it subsides.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    Just make a note of the company's who jack there prices up when this shit happens and remember not to buy from them when it subsides.
    That might be a little bit unfair IMO. If a company needs to bring in revenue to survive, they might need to raise prices as they're unsure of when they'll get new shipments.

Now, that's different from CTD cancelling people's orders (placed at reasonable prices) to sell again at the current gouging prices they're asking for.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Patience....
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post

Quote Originally Posted by tinydata View Post
    That might be a little bit unfair IMO...
    +1

Somebody flunked Econ 101... It's a free market, and what we're seeing is simply supply and demand.

Quote Originally Posted by tinydata View Post
    Now, that's different from CTD cancelling people's orders (placed at reasonable prices) to sell again at the current gouging prices they're asking for.
    Those shysters really did that? That really is dirty pool. I'd call the BBB if they did that to me.

Many years ago I swore off ever buying from them after a customer service debacle, and I haven't heard anything since that's made me want to go back (quite the contrary).

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Those shysters really did that? That really is dirty pool. I'd call the BBB if they did that to me.

Many years ago I swore off ever buying from them after a customer service debacle, and I haven't heard anything since that's made me want to go back (quite the contrary).
    We had a guy on our local MDShooters forum post that CTD cancelled his 6.8mm order inexplicably despite the fact that he ordered when they marked them as "in stock." No way of verifying that its 100% true, but most guys don't BS...

The BBB is kind of a scam anyways. Sort of a "pay to play" deal.
    Last edited by tinydata; 12-23-12 at 18:26.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I haven't heard any talk about banning ammunition or components.
    I have heard occasional pro-gun-control editorials make the standard, tired statements about "cop killer bullets" or "armor piercing bullets", but mixed in there is some new commentary that states there's something uniquely badass about AR-15 or AK-47 ammo that means it needs to be banned.

Making mail orders of ammo seems to be on their radar, too. They're floating ideas of no ammo sales without an FFL or without a background check. That could seriously change the landscape in terms of pricing.

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast