Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RIS II, Flat Dark Earth, & 10" Lite Rails: three stupid questions

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

RIS II, Flat Dark Earth, & 10" Lite Rails: three stupid questions

Love the rails, guys, but I have three stupid questions:

1. What happened to the Front Sight Pocket version of the RIS II? I remember seeing it on your website, but now all I see are the 7" and 12" continuous versions.

2. Will you be doing more rails in Flat Dark Earth? Any FDE Lite Rails or Omegas floating around?

3. Is the 10" Lite Rail a standard offering? I've seen it on some vendor sites, but not on your website.

Thanks,

Jason
    Last edited by RAM Engineer; 02-22-08 at 20:10. Reason: more stupidity.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the kind words, Jason.

1. The RIS II M4A1 FSP (new name, new design) is returning soon to our lineup. Look for it shortly. It will be the same SOCOM approved color as the other RIS II models.

2. Looking purely at sales figures, the black anodized rails are much more popular. FDE rails don't move nearly as well, which makes it difficult to justify. How many would you like? ;-)

3. The Lite Rail 10.0 isn't a standard item (hence not on the site), but I should have some in stock. If you call John or Jay on Monday they can take care of you.
    Eric Rice
    VP R&D
    Daniel Defense, Inc.
    www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have a question about this rail can it be used in conjunction with a FSB? I know on your site you say it is meant to be used with the MK12 low pro gas block. But can you use it in conjunction with a FSB?
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think that is the FSP model he was talking about above, it should be like the KAC MRE or DD 12.0 FSP.

Feedback Score
    Correct. The FSP model has the cut-out for the FSB. Confusing, I know.

The RIS II M4A1 FSP is meant to be used with the standard FSB and CAR gas system.
    Eric Rice
    VP R&D
    Daniel Defense, Inc.
    www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    I have a question about this rail can it be used in conjunction with a FSB? I know on your site you say it is meant to be used with the MK12 low pro gas block. But can you use it in conjunction with a FSB?

No, but the new one coming back on line will mirror the FSB friendly version of the original. Below are a few pictures of the original version.

This shows the cutout and FSB area from underneath with the bottom panel removed.

This one shows the original model with the M203 attached.

Last but not least, this one shows the original mounted up on a complete weapon.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The DD 12.0 FSP may be what you are looking for if you don't want to wait, or don't need the removable bottom rail section.

Here are a few pictures of the DD 12.0FSP in the M4 variety, but they are also available in the Lite rail style, which is what I would get.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Eric,

If I'm off base, or misunderstood, let me know and I'll edit my posts.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    Not off base at all, Stick. However, I believe we have the new RIS II M4A1 FSP in stock at present. It's not on the website, but a call to John or Jay at 866-554-GUNS, or to you favorite dealer could get one on the way to your door.

Eric Rice
    VP R&D
    Daniel Defense, Inc.
    www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sounds good, the DD military rail series have really filled out nicely.
    Stick

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast