Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RIS II, Flat Dark Earth, & 10" Lite Rails: three stupid questions

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    RISII is 9.5" long, just a tad longer than a 9.0 (obviously).
    I am talking about this here thing:

http://tinyurl.com/5p9u79

I'm pretty sure that's 12.0". Am I using the wrong nomenclature?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yeah, I should have realized you were asking about the M4A1 RISII. I didn't realize "RISII" was part of it's name.

I can tell you the difference between the Lite rails and the RISII is that the RISII has it's rail portion extend rearward over the locking ring. That and the front is very much closed.

You'd have to find out from Eric what the exact differences will be in all new parts that are made and shipped though.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    Okay, serious question here:

What is the real difference between the Lite Rail 12.0 FSP and the RIS II? I get that the RIS II is a two-piece and allows free-floating an M203.
    The ability to mount an M203 is the main difference between the RIS II and the Lite Rail 12.0 FSP. At the request of SOCOM, the lower rail is tucked in tighter and closer to the barrel. Both rail systems utilize the patent pending Bolt-Up System and allow for an continuous upper rail platform when used in conjunction with a flat top upper receiver.
    Joe Marler
    Law Enforcement Sales Manager

jmarler@danieldefense.com
    www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marler5811 View Post
    The ability to mount an M203 is the main difference between the RIS II and the Lite Rail 12.0 FSP. At the request of SOCOM, the lower rail is tucked in tighter and closer to the barrel. Both rail systems utilize the patent pending Bolt-Up System and allow for an continuous upper rail platform when used in conjunction with a flat top upper receiver.
    Thanks much - I was pondering one of these two rails for my LE6920. I don't have an M203 so I suppose the 12.0 FSP Lite should do me just fine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I run the AR15 Lite Rail 12.0 FSP on my Colt. Its a great rail system. I know you would like it.
    Joe Marler
    Law Enforcement Sales Manager

jmarler@danieldefense.com
    www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    Who makes the Mk12 Gas Block? Pondering getting the MK18 rail so.
    "So have your buddy get a box of stray cats and try to get a good sight picture while he is throwing the cats at you... naked." - KLD

Get yours news at Presscheck.org!

Feedback Score
    A couple more serious questions guys.

There are literally a TON of us, who are absolutley dying for DD to start producing MORE of the Mk18/RIS II rails in different configurations (lengths most importantly).
    Also, BLACK is pretty much what MOST guys, including myself want. That FDE is cool, and I like the fact that DD has done some FDE rails, but until they get them lighter in color (as FN is now doing with the SCAR receivers), most guys will pass on the FDE. Still though, I'm glad that DD has been offering something other than black.
    Now for the MAIN interests guys are wanting (including myself!)

SO MANY of us would like to see the Mk18 RIS II rails (and ALL of the RIS II rails) in BLACK finish, and in all the STANDARD LENGTHS that the standard "LITE" rails are available in!
    -9" length for guys with midlength gas systems who want to use the std FSB!

-10" or 10.5" or even 11" (not sure which is best, but you guys all know) for guys who want to COVER their FSB/gas block area and use a low pro gas block!

As I said, quite simply put, we are all DYING for the Mk18 AND ALL of the other RIS II rails to be available in BLACK, and in all the STANDARD lengths the LITE rails (and even the Larue/etc rails) are available in !!!
    THIS would TOTALLY put DD rails over the TOP IMO, and there would be SO many guys who would order these rails.
    The Mk18 and ALL of the RIS II variants just look SO MUCH BETTER than the other rails from DD, and this is exactly why we want them! Nothing wrong with the LITE rails, but the Mk18 and RIS II variants TOTALLY TRUMP the other rails in looks and function. I mean, we love the fact that the rail extends back over the sides of the bbl nut area, which covers the area where one of the bolts is located on the LITE rails, and this looks SO MUCH BETTER on a rail. One of the most important parts of a FF rail, IMHO, is this area, where the rail MEETS the receiver. The Mk18 and RIS II variants just look SO MUCH better in this area. They ALSO look so much better in the overall profile, in that they are not so TALL (height-wise) from a front view/profile.
    Also, the removeable bottom rail on some (or all?) RIS II models is outstanding, and that's what most of us want and like.
    Finally, if ANYONE at DD is concerned about sales of the Mk18/RIS II rail variants, I mean, I think we all know that sales would DRASTICALLY increase, IF they were just available in BLACK, and in STANDARD LENGTHS such as the LITE rail series is.
    Man, how great it would be to have ALL of the Mk18/RIS II variants available to us in this configuration.
    IF I ever hit the lottery, and DD has not made this all available yet, I ASSURE you guys I will put in an order of several hundred of each model, in every configuration listed above, in order to make this become a reality.
    Now, for the million dollar question: Has DD considered this, and will DD ever offer these rails in the above configurations to us?????????????????
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    What I would like to see is the M4A1 RIS II on Brownells so I can buy one here overseas, Brownells are the only ones willing to ship to us (because you gotta fill in a DSP-83 form nowadays, for some bloody rails! It's insane!), unfortunately so far they only have the Omega and 7" Lite rails

http://www.danieldefense.com/?page=s...&product_id=17

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345