Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crye

Feedback Score
    I believe if you spent any time on a USAR deployment, Katrina, 9/11, Oklahoma, you would find the NEED for a better base uniform. People that WANT crye multicam gear WANT to wear it to the range AND want people to to see how COOL they are. While I completly understand and do WANT to get a set of their Multicam stuff, I feel there is a NEED for a uniform that provides better ROM, greater comfort while wearing a heavy vest and full body harness, integrated knee and elbow pads while climbing up, over, down, and through piles of concrete and rebar and wood. This is all while flying air force, eating mre's, and hopping on blackhawks occaisonally. So while the bullets hopefully arnt flying I dont think anybody needs to patronize me about not needing a better system because im not an operator or super special secret double agent.

Feedback Score
    Hey dude, I don't think anyone here was trying to patronize you. I personally was just saying that some units have influence, money, and a relationship. That equates to NEED. I'm all about everyone that must wear a uniform wear the best one available. If you or your unit needs MultiCam uniforms contact me and I'll see what I can do.

Later,
    Josh
    (w)910.323.4739
    www.GreyGroupTraining.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If someone from the Boy Scouts had authority to issue a purchase order called Crye and said they wanted to convert to multicam, I am sure they would work with them. But, even so, I bet Crye would give priority to those in the Sandbox who might need it a bit more.

My point is that no Operator or Super Secret Something will get anything unless someone hight up in the food chain, or in purchasing or contracting gets the ball rolling. So, you may want to work it up the chain of command at FEMA or whoever...

Feedback Score
    If your just looking for uniforms check out TADgear's Force 10 utilities.
    been there eaten that

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    on a lighter note...

I got my favorite piece of Crye gear very quickly:

But then again not many people NEED coffee like I do.

Feedback Score

Favorite Piece of Crye Gear

Well, I can't drink my favorite beverage from it....

But the kids enjoy it.
    Josh
    (w)910.323.4739
    www.GreyGroupTraining.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacMedic4450 View Post
    People that WANT crye multicam gear WANT to wear it to the range AND want people to to see how COOL they are.
    Some of us don't care about what folks at the range think. I just want some good hunting clothes in Multicam. My hunting territory ranges from green trees to dead trees to open fields and farmland (that's Kansas for you...). There isn't a single camo pattern out there that can do all of that, other than Multicam. Would I look "cool" wearing Multicam and shooting Bambi's dad with my 6.8 AR? Probably, but the only thing that would see me in it is the deer, and hopefully by then it would be too late.

So, I'll be patiently waiting for the day when they offer a waterproof, coldweather parka and waterproof pants for us hunters who are fed up with the typical "photorealistic" camo crap that is out there.

Crye's small size and booming popularity sucks for us civvies for the time being, but how realistic is it for them to perhaps double in size to handle the civilian market? Not very, I'd think.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loonybin View Post
    Some of us don't care about what folks at the range think. I just want some good hunting clothes in Multicam. My hunting territory ranges from green trees to dead trees to open fields and farmland (that's Kansas for you...). There isn't a single camo pattern out there that can do all of that, other than Multicam. Would I look "cool" wearing Multicam and shooting Bambi's dad with my 6.8 AR? Probably, but the only thing that would see me in it is the deer, and hopefully by then it would be too late.

So, I'll be patiently waiting for the day when they offer a waterproof, coldweather parka and waterproof pants for us hunters who are fed up with the typical "photorealistic" camo crap that is out there.

Crye's small size and booming popularity sucks for us civvies for the time being, but how realistic is it for them to perhaps double in size to handle the civilian market? Not very, I'd think.

To be honest, Multicam isnt that hard to find. Hell man, just get to know your local airsoft teams and you'll be up to your eyes in Multicam

Crye isnt stupid and they know their product is in high demand. I would track down some of Crye's vendors online. Their is quite a bit in circulation
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TacMedic4450 View Post
    People that WANT crye multicam gear WANT to wear it to the range AND want people to to see how COOL they are.
    Madam Ruby???
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    To be honest, Multicam isnt that hard to find. Hell man, just get to know your local airsoft teams and you'll be up to your eyes in Multicam
    You might as well ask me to gouge my eyes out with a dull rusty spoon...

Crye isnt stupid and they know their product is in high demand. I would track down some of Crye's vendors online. Their is quite a bit in circulation
    The problem is what isn't in circulation. I don't need uber-tactical belts, pouches and bdus. I'll leave that stuff for the real soldiers. I need a hunting parka and pants that will keep me warm when it's 10 deg with a 30mph wind, treestand or not. The only thing that I can find that would come close is the gen 2 ecwcs parka, but it doesn't look heavy enough to do the job. If I'm wrong on that, and it will keep me warm in really cold weather, then I'll jump on it as soon as the "tax rebate" comes in the mail.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast