Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BCG price gouging?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    An object's worth is exactly what someone will pay for it right now.

If there is only one object and three people want to buy it the price will naturally go up. This makes it less likely to be bought by someone who is just stockpiling and more likely to be bought by someone who actually needs it.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post

If there is only one object and three people want to buy it the price will naturally go up. This makes it less likely to be bought by someone who is just stockpiling and more likely to be bought by someone who actually needs it.
    Working thru Christmas to keep up with demand Todd, lol

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I would almost be happy to be gouged at this point. Wife picked a very bad time to decide she liked the BCM middy I just put together enough to want her own....

Feedback Score
    What is truly hysterical at times is, you can find some items at regular prices at an online store and then see it on E-bay for triple and up. Must be the same folks who come here and ask the simplest of questions and don't use the search button.

The most extreme case I've witnessed (not gun stuff) was back in 2003 when 1980 US Olympic hockey coach Herb Brooks was killed in a car wreck, they were bidding the HBO special "Do you believe in Miracles" up to 150$ plus. Amazon had plenty for 14.99$

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nova3930 View Post
    I would almost be happy to be gouged at this point. Wife picked a very bad time to decide she liked the BCM middy I just put together enough to want her own....
    How cute is your wife? I have a 2nd BCM middy in the safe with a DD lite rail lol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't fault a company for riding the supply/demand wave and getting the most they can for their product. I support BCM because they seem to have good practices and make a good product. But I would hate to see them engage in price gouging or fearmongering to increase sales. Until I think that's happening, I'll buy what I need, when I need it, from companies I trust.
    Ken Bloxton
    Skill > Gear

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Exactly the manufacturers arent gouging its the retailers and private individuals.

The manufacturers will start when there is a clear end or extreme drop in their business due to regulation to make money before its too late.
    Last edited by m249saw; 12-18-12 at 11:10.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m249saw View Post
    How cute is your wife? I have a 2nd BCM middy in the safe with a DD lite rail lol
    LOL, I'd almost post a pic to see if we could work something out, if I didn't know you would have to bury me with that rifle when she found out

Feedback Score
    It is you who chooses to pay the price.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd.K View Post

Amen, Brother. Amen.

It never ceases to amaze me how people who claim to love freedom bitch when prices go up. It's supply and demand, nothing more.

What's wrong with the mutually beneficial exchange of stuff at a mutually agreed upon price? Not a damned thing.

Rising prices weed out those who really don't have a great enough impulse to buy (edit: relative to their means, that is).

(For the record, I have nothing to sell.)
    Last edited by catargadelendaest; 12-18-12 at 12:05. Reason: clarification

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast