Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Never thought of owning an AR but now I find myself here...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Never thought of owning an AR but now I find myself here...

I like guns...
    Last edited by Shao; 12-22-12 at 18:20. Reason: Too much info...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    January 16, 1919, was a tough day to discover you had a taste for good whiskey.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave View Post
    Good one!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by montanadave View Post
    Great analogy... Oh well, better late than never... I think I need to find some quality (yet hopefully inexpensive) lowers and buy about 6-7 of them ASAP - anyone know a place that has some in stock?

Also, should I be stocking up on hi-cap mags or what???

Feedback Score
    Standard capacity mags are out of stock everywhere right now.

High capacity mags may be delayed but should be easier to come by:
    http://www.surefire.com/tactical-equ...magazines.html

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nml View Post
    Standard capacity mags are out of stock everywhere right now.

High capacity mags may be delayed but should be easier to come by:
    http://www.surefire.com/tactical-equ...magazines.html
    Wow! So I've noticed... glad I stocked up when I did... Wishing I had bought more now. Damn carpet-baggers bought up the inventory and are reselling them on Ebay and such at ridiculous prices. I've also been looking for a BCG, stripped lowers, and complete uppers for at least a month, but I refuse to pay the jacked up prices they're to be had for now. I wish the hysteria would end already so I can get back to resupplying my new hobby.

Feedback Score
    About a week before Newtown I bought a S&W M&P Sport. The initial plan was to ensure it was sighted in the way the Army taught me on a 25m zeroing target, buy a couple of boxes of 5.56 and leave it in a case "for future reference".

Then the day before Newtown I figured I'd better stock up on ammo before the fiscal cliff and brainless hysteria kicks in on the markets, so I bought an "undisclosed number" of thousand-round boxes of 5.56 (AR-15), 9mm (XDm), .45ACP (XD's and various 1911s), .22LR (Ruger 10/22 TD & SR22), and some .45LC (Ranch Hand "Fun Gun!"). Also stocked up on extra magazines for everything "just in case" someone in Congress decided to get froggy and jump on a mag-capacity ban.
    Unlike gold, ammo pulls double-duty in a crap economy (barter/sale & self defense).

After Newtown, Feinstein's little plan irked me so I slapped an EOtech, vert. pistol grip, new buffer, single-point sling, and front light on it just as an "F-U" to her. I now pretty much have the same rig I carried overseas, just a little longer barrel and missing the never-used-myself 3-round burst capability.

It's one of those things....I finally get home from being overseas for about 15+ years, try to get away from it all and wind up getting dragged back in.
    Last edited by iball; 12-31-12 at 10:36.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by iball View Post
    Unlike gold, ammo pulls double-duty in a crap economy (barter/sale & self defense).
    Thank you... I've actually engaged in arguments with people over this. Ammo, water, and food... If raiders come to take what's mine, all the gold in the world isn't going to stop them.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I can't afford gold, so I've been buying lead.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    Great analogy... Oh well, better late than never... I think I need to find some quality (yet hopefully inexpensive) lowers and buy about 6-7 of them ASAP - anyone know a place that has some in stock?

Also, should I be stocking up on hi-cap mags or what???
    You've never owned an AR but now you want 6 or 7 of them?

Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    Thank you... I've actually engaged in arguments with people over this. Ammo, water, and food... If raiders come to take what's mine, all the gold in the world isn't going to stop them.
    Raiders? Seriously?
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast