Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Never thought of owning an AR but now I find myself here...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    You've never owned an AR but now you want 6 or 7 of them?

Raiders? Seriously?
    Yep... Raiders... What do you think hungry people will do when they run out of food? They're gonna try to take it from the people who have it... raiders... I've gotten to know some pretty nasty criminals in depth. They only play along with society because they fear the consequences. Not to be "that guy".... but, take those away and we're going to have... drum roll............... RAIDERS! If you don't realize the potential, then you're a fool. People and all animals for that matter have been taking what they want and need from the weaker since the beginning of the species. Survival of the fittest and all that... BTW Trvlngnrs, great quote - you should attach your real name to it so future generations can cite you....
    Last edited by Shao; 01-02-13 at 23:14.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao View Post
    Yep... Raiders... What do you think hungry people will do when they run out of food? They're gonna try to take it from the people who have it... raiders... I've gotten to know some pretty nasty criminals in depth. They only play along with society because they fear the consequences. Not to be "that guy".... but, take those away and we're going to have... drum roll............... RAIDERS! If you don't realize the potential, then you're a fool. People and all animals for that matter have been taking what they want and need from the weaker since the beginning of the species. Survival of the fittest and all that... BTW poster before this - great quote - you should attach your real name to it so future generations can cite you....

Raiders? From the guy so serious about being prepared he waits until now to buy the 6-7 AR's he needs. The fools are looking for AR's now when a month ago they were everywhere.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    Raiders? From the guy so serious about being prepared he waits until now to buy the 6-7 AR's he needs. The fools are looking for AR's now when a month ago they were everywhere.
    Just because I never had an AR doesn't mean I was a defenseless pup. I've been shooting for almost 30 years. I never wanted an AR because I had always thought of 5.56 as being underpowered and admittedly, I was a little brainwashed by the "DI guns are unreliable" talk... There are many other viable battle rifle options. Just because I joined the AR party late doesn't make me a gun-n00b or any less prepared than someone who got in on it earlier... and I refuse to pay the stoopid prices people are paying now. I managed to get what I needed before it got to where it is now.

Now tell me, if the idea of raiders is so far fetched...

What would YOU do.. imagine.. Months after the collapse of society.. Your wife and children are starving.. You wipe away the tears from your daughter's face as she looks up to you and cries "Daddy, I'm hungry"... then you look over and see your fat neighbor laughing merrily, tearing into a fresh case of MREs... everyone has the potential to become a raider... It's called survival. Would you let your children starve out of courtesy to a stranger?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just because I never had an AR doesn't mean I was a defenseless pup. I've been shooting for almost 30 years. I never wanted an AR because I had always thought of 5.56 as being underpowered and admittedly, I was a little brainwashed by the "DI guns are unreliable" talk... There are many other viable battle rifle options. Just because I joined the AR party late doesn't make me a gun-n00b or any less prepared than someone who got in on it earlier... and I refuse to pay the stoopid prices people are paying now. I managed to get what I needed before it got to where it is now.

What would YOU do.. imagine.. Months after the collapse of society.. Your wife and children are starving.. You wipe away the tears from your daughter's face as she looks up to you and cries "Daddy, I'm hungry"... then you look over and see your fat neighbor laughing merrily, tearing into a fresh case of MREs... everyon has the potential to become a raider... It's called survival. Would you let your children starve out of courtesy to a stranger?
    Tell em buddy. Its a dog eat dog world out there.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    Good luck on finding 6-7 of those quality lowers inexpensively in this climate. Call me crazy but I think that ship sailed. Until/unless this craziness dies down over the next couple of months, you are gonna be hard pressed to find any great deals for cheap. Check https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=100661 for lower receivers.

Feedback Score
    PSA is down the road from me in Columbia. They seem to have a steady supply of stripped lowers. Its the LPK that is hard to find for me.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

What would YOU do.. imagine.. Months after the collapse of society.. Your wife and children are starving.. You wipe away the tears from your daughter's face as she looks up to you and cries "Daddy, I'm hungry"... then you look over and see your fat neighbor laughing merrily, tearing into a fresh case of MREs... everyone has the potential to become a raider... It's called survival. Would you let your children starve out of courtesy to a stranger?
    And then there's the Zombie Apocalypse....

So many dangers, so few firearms.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    And then there's the Zombie Apocalypse....

So many dangers, so few firearms.
    Yes, we musn't forget the zombies... and you can never have too many firearms!

So I take it you don't believe in the raider theory then?
    Last edited by Shao; 01-04-13 at 18:02.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Yes, we musn't forget the zombies... and you can never have too many firearms!

So I take it you don't believe in the raider theory then?
    Not a "collapse of society", EOTWAKI, SHTF adherent, no.

Feedback Score
    Yikes. What a thread . . .

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast