Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: New Stabilizing Brace for AR15 Pistol "SB15"

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    - - - - -
    Last edited by DTakas; 01-03-19 at 09:47.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moltke View Post
    I think this is one and the same.
    Wouldn't surprise me.

Whatever the case may be I'll just stay away from this as no telling when the ATF may change their minds over just what this is.....they do that fairly regular.
    "That which is dead can eternal lie,and with strange aeons even death may die"~Lovecraft

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    This post was running before sig announced the one's they are working on.

Quote Originally Posted by bobsolla View Post
    doesn`t sig already offer a very similar product already?this just appears to be a copy!
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    i used 1 this weekend. my buddy put 1 on his noveske build. this thing is 100% legit and i ordered 1 for my DD 300blk upper. you pair this thing with a law tactical folder and you are golden

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Damon1976 View Post
    i used 1 this weekend. my buddy put 1 on his noveske build. this thing is 100% legit and i ordered 1 for my DD 300blk upper. you pair this thing with a law tactical folder and you are golden
    That right there is a great idea.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    51 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    This post was running before sig announced the one's they are working on.
    The ATF letter that Sig has to print off to go with their pistol is the same letter that he posted, so I would imagine he licensed it to sig.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DTakas View Post
    I think this thing, especially the second version, is asking for trouble. I’m all for helping disabled vets, and if someone has a disability or mobility issue with one arm or hand I can see this having a legitimate use. But it really looks like your goal here is to skirt the law which is obviously not going to be met with a lot of support from members, like me, of the general firearms community that are trying so hard to prove we are responsible law abiding members of a society that is out to demonize us.

Personally think you should have gone out of your way to make sure it could not be used as a stock. I think it would have been more effective to make a soft cuff with a semi-rigid ring on top that would stay on the shooter's arm and could be slipped over the buffer tube from the back as the gun is picked up and could be slid back off the buffer tube as the gun is let go of. I think that is much more practical for someone with a disability than the concept of semi-permanently strapping their only good hand onto the gun. How is a disabled person supposed to do a one handed reload when their only good hand is strapped to the buffer tube?

my friend you are thinking WAY too much. your first thought was exactly right. no one is suppose to use this thing 1 handed, you simply cant. this is exactly what it looks like. a butstock. end of story. i personally went out of my way to get 1 for no other reason than you can use it as a stock, to "skirt"the law as you so put it. because as a responsible gun owner like yourself i feel it is my duty to follow the letter of the law as the atf so states it. and if they say this arm brace, which works perfectly as a butstock, is legal then by george ill take 3

Feedback Score

BATF

Would there be an issue if the BATF saw someone using the "brace" like a stock?

Or, if you were on video and someone wanted to ruin your day?

I think the whole SBR/Suppressed laws are a bunch of bull butter.
    Unfortunately, my opinion of them don't change a thing.
    So, I gotta keep it "legal".

*MY line in the sand has long been drawn.
    And in today's world... it's sobering to look what ground is left in front of it*
    ---------------------------------------
    But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; - Ephesians 5:3

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Looks like someone decide to test what ALL of us were thinking when we saw this thing.
    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-brace-review/

Feedback Score
    One of these from Sig came to the shop this weekend. You can totally use this for a stock. Nose to charging handle style.

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast