Thread: New Poster

Feedback Score

New Poster

Hello and thank you for allowing me to post on your forum. I would be interested in starting a thread on handgun comparison. The idea behind it would be new firearms, not modified(or custom weapons) with no price limit and by cal.
    For example: The best .45 cal pistol(that meets the above requirements) would be.....

Would the forum members be willing to give their feedback and be interested in such a thread?
    Last edited by Travelingman; 02-23-08 at 12:25. Reason: .

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Travelingman View Post
    Hello and thank you for allowing me to post on your forum. I would be interested in starting a thread on handgun comparison. The idea behind it would be new firearms, not modified(or custom weapons) with no price limit and by cal.
    For example: The best .45 cal pistol(that meets the above requirements) would be.....

Would the forum members be willing to give their feedback and be interested in such a thread?
    Yes they would and you'd get too much feedback. Not a good idea.

It would turn into arguments and make you look like an instigator.

There are enough "versus" threads out there and they usually almost always serve no purpose.

You are free to start any thread you'd like, in the appropriate places. No need to ask permission first. Trust me, you'll be told if you do something wrong. Don't worry about getting banned right off the bat. If you do something wrong, there are a few moderators who are gentlemen and will tell you nicely.

Welcome!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I understand your desire to have a list of the best. But best is a subjective term and opinion, and everyone has their own opinion. What's best for me, may not be best for you. Besides I have a hard time picking bests.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    Thank you for your insight. I did do a rapid search and did not find a comparision like I proposed. It would have been a "Car&Driver 10 Best" type of thread, but I understand the problems that might arise.

Feedback Score
    Everyone has their own "best". Word your your post more objectively. Dont ask for "best", ask for pros and cons then make your own purchase decision or whatever. Theres alot of smart guys here you'll definitly get your answers.
    BTW- welcome!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You can never get an answer to a question like that. "Best" is a function of a lot of different factors that vary among individuals. What is "best" for an SF soldier hunting for OBL in some Afghani caves doesn't necessarily translate into the "best" choice for your wife and her daily self defense needs.

A really well-made 1911 is a great option for a .45 handgun, but it's not necessarily an ideal choice for every individual.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RD62 View Post
    I understand your desire to have a list of the best. But best is a subjective term and opinion, and everyone has their own opinion. What's best for me, may not be best for you. Besides I have a hard time picking bests.

-RD62
    apparently I dont type fast enough

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thank you for your insight. I did do a rapid search and did not find a comparision like I proposed. It would have been a "Car&Driver 10 Best" type of thread, but I understand the problems that might arise.
    There is no such thing as a 10 best of current handguns. The only reason Car and Driver has one is because they are paid to have one

Feedback Score
    Thank you all..