Thread: Taurus pt1911

Feedback Score

Taurus pt1911

I put about 1000 rounds through my taurus 1911 with no jams or malfunctions. In the last 200 rounds or so I've been having a lot of problems. I know its not going to be the best gun in the market but its a really fun gun to shoot.

Basically the problem I've been encountering is I pull the triger and nothing happens. I rack the slide and it ejects the round and then the next round fires fine. Is this a magazine feed problem, I have the factory mags still because I've read that taurus 1911s arent good with aftermarket mags.

So does it sound like the magazines are my problem and if any one has a taurus which mags do you use?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well that's easy enough, try your factory mags and see if you have the same prob. And try your other mags in another gun.

I can't see a mag giving you a click instead of a bang though. Can you be more specific as to the nature of the malfunction. Failure to chamber the first round? (It doesn't sound like). Hammer doesn't drop? Hammer drops, but no bang? Trigger doesn't move?

A little further explanation will help diagnose your problem.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    trigger pulls, hammer drops, no bang, i rack the slide and a round ejects and the next one shoots fine

Im sure there is something else but I dont know enough to know whats going on, I have a lifetime warranty through gallery of guns so i'm just going to take it back if it keeps doing it. I'm using the winchest white box ammo if that makes a difference.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like there is a problem with the firing pin safety. I'd start by completely disassembling the slide and cleaning all the parts.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    That's what I'm thinking too. Is the primer dimpled? If not it sounds as if the firing pin safety isn't disengaging, but honestly I'm not sure if the Taurus's disengages via the grip safety or the trigger. Anyone know? Either way, I wouldn't think it mag related. Have you recently disassembled/reassembled?

-RD62