Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ST-22

Feedback Score

ST-22

Is there any differance in the spikes ST.22 lower besides being marked .22 and any other lower reciever? And if not can I assume any lower could be used to build a .22 based rifle?

Feedback Score
    No one ever built a .22 here? No experience with it at all?

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Your best bet would be to contact Spikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It is a cheap Airsoft quality Eotech half ass knockoff- I just had a student with one in a basic class about a month ago and it laid down faster than a cheap hooker

Feedback Score
    If only they would answer the phone.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 50cal View Post
    Is there any differance in the spikes ST.22 lower besides being marked .22 and any other lower reciever? And if not can I assume any lower could be used to build a .22 based rifle?
    Google says your assumption is correct, check it out.

Feedback Score
    Okay, I know that the upper drops onto the lower gets pinned and everything is good. Same internal parts, except I have heard sometimes some heavy springs are used. I was just wondering about the now unuesd buffer tube and assosiated parts. I did find I could use a ace type folding stock. I do have a Spikes .22 upper on the way. The Spikes .22 lower is listed at 179. And a multi caliber is much lower. Just wondered what the difference is besides $. This isnt my first AR just the first one for a build.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Nodifference. Both lowers are interchangeable. Spikes did have one time specifically marked .22LR lower instead of multi.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    No difference. It should work fine with a 5.56 upper.
    Personally, I don't want a lower marked .22.
    Dave N
    Last edited by shadow65; 12-23-12 at 09:50.
    Independent Field Testing/R & D

Better to die for something than live for nothing

Feedback Score
    I bought a full up ST22 years ago. The lower is a normal 5.56/.223 lower with no "gotchas". Mine was marked multi caliber, I think they have been doing that for years. I don't know if there is any legal ramifications of putting a 556 upper on a .22LR marked lower but I don't think they have been marking them that way for a long time so it shouldn't be an issue.

As an aside. I run two ST uppers and I have started using a Boonie Packer "Better Mag S&W" adapter instead of using Black Dog mags. The adapter gives full bolt hold open capability and you use S&W 15-22 mags. My 15-22 has never malfunctioned in over 1000+ rounds and I partially attribute that to the magazine design. My ST22 runs like a sewing machine with Fed Bulk pack but try any Remington and it malfunctioned continually. With the S&W mags the only malfunctions I get with the RGB ammo is the occasional failure to fire which I find is much more common in the shitty Remington ammo. Bottom line, for 40 bucks this has been a great addition to my .22 upper plus the S&W mags are WAY easier to load than my BDM mags.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast