Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the "panic" affecting your plans?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I was gonna shoot a 3 gun next week, but that would require 223,which faggots who never actually shoot are hording right now.My local shop always(even in normal panic times) has PMC for such a good price I dont need to order online.

In other news, I just need bullets and some other stuff and my press will be up and running.

Feedback Score
    I find other activities during these times.

Feedback Score
    We will be scheduling a lot more rimfire USPSA practice matches and bowling pin shoots at our club. This will be nothing new. When the price of ammunition first started to skyrocket a few years ago, we did the same thing.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My shooting was disrupted in 2009 by the post-election ammo buying frenzy. I vowed not to get caught with my pants down again.

Assuming ammo becomes available within the next couple of years I'll be OK.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It definitely is, but since I'm just a recreational shooter it isn't that big of a deal. I am holding on to all of the 5.56 and 9mm ammo I currently have based on future unknown availability, and I have just moved my shooting on to other calibers that don't seem to be caught up in the panic.

I needed a good excuse to go pick up the Garand again, and with 5.56 now selling at 2 x what I can buy surplus '06 for, it is a pretty easy financial switch. Funny, because a few weeks ago the opposite was true (I was reloading 5.56 for less than half what surplus '06 costs!).
    Last edited by HackerF15E; 12-22-12 at 18:07.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm going to shoot what I got and then start shooting a lot more .22 when I run out, if 9mm and 5.56 are still impossible to find.

No point in putting off shooting for a future where ammo is widely available and cheap. Either I'll be able to restock in March-April, or I won't.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I just got into firearms as a hobby and an excuse to get out of the house to take carbine classes. This panic is completely new to me and I was hoping to finish my AR build by the end of the year. It looks like that is not going to happen since manufacturers and retailers are swamped with orders. My dad still can't find a BCG for his AR. Seems like I picked the wrong time to start a build.

Feedback Score
    I'll probably put off or slow way down on formal training and hang on to my ammo until I see what happens with this new AWB bill that will be introduced in congress next month.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    .22lr only until things calm down probably.....
    "Those who do can't explain; those who don't can't understand"...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    How can't the price of ammo effect your willingness to go shoot?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast