Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the "panic" affecting your plans?

Feedback Score
    Unless .223/5.56 ammo becomes more readily available in the next few months, it will affect the frequency of my practice sessions and the classes I take.

I can still get 9mm, so no problem there, but the only .223/5.56 I can get is expensive. No Wolf to be found.

Feedback Score
    After test driving a friend's PPQ for an extended time, I had made a decision to switch to that platform. In light of recent events, I am holding off on that purchase until I see how things shake out.

I already have a lot of Glock mags and accessories on hand, so it will be easy to stick with that platform. Ammo-wise, I am in good shape. I learned my lesson in 2009!

Feedback Score
    ok, a lot in similar situation it seems.
    plenty on hand, no need to panic,
    but availability and costs to resupply make for some decrease in shooting.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    If the panic were affecting my plans, either my plan or its implementation would be flawed.

Seriously, the overall cost of ammo has forced me to cut back on centerfire shooting and replacing that with rimfire. I'm also in the middle of a 6.8 build and finding PRI 25rd mags is a hassle right now. Otherwise I'm cruising through this debacle fairly unaffected.

Feedback Score
    I find it easy and wise to not shoot when ammo is hard to find and IMO it is important to not waste the ammo.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not hurting but the cost really makes it prohibitive … and I lose any catharsis it may have had.

I don't hear brass, I hear half-dollars hitting the ground. Damn thing is like a Nevada slot machine on Senior Tuesday

And, I can swear I see the ghost of Andrew Jackson on a mag swap.

Might have to look at a 22LR upper again …

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well it really effected me today! I sold 4000 rounds of my match ammo for $3000. Now I'm going to buy a dillon 1050 and turn it into 10,000 rounds.
    Last edited by Jesse Tischauser; 01-07-13 at 01:00.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Tischauser View Post
    Well it really effected me today! I sold 4000 rounds of my match ammo for $3000. Now I'm going to buy a dillon 1050 and turn it into 10,000 rounds.
    Well done man!

On topic:

I'll be loading a lot more Centerfire and Shooting it even less--that's why God made the M&P15-22

I advocated for my future self
    and picked up 10k+ 22LR a few months back--that ought to get me through till things settle down.
    Last edited by Ouroborous; 01-07-13 at 02:18.
    ἰδέτωσαν, ἱστορησάτωσαν οἱ ἄνθρωποι ἄνθρωπον ἀληθινὸν κατὰ φύσινζῶντα.

Videant, cognoverunt hominis hominem verum secundum naturam suam viventem.

Let men see, let them know, a real man, who lives as he was meant to live.
    - Marcus Aurelius

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I will be shooting mostly rimfire until either the panic subsides or I see what happens regarding a possible AWB.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Tischauser View Post

wow, good plan.
    i find the going rate people are paying for ars, mags, and ammo to be surprising. then again, i was good to go for a rainy day. the problem is indont want to use it all up on sunny days.

what really surprised me was how much I was offerered for a Belgian FA 49 30 06. (been giving some love to oldies at the range).
    Last edited by ramairthree; 01-07-13 at 06:30.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast