Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Civi HK 416

Feedback Score

Civi HK 416

Do you think a Civi legal (non sbr) HK416 will ever be made available. I don't mean just the upper I'm talking the entire rifle. I know there are a lot of industry people on this forum but would like everyones opinion. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Eventually yes, but it will have a thumbhole stock and be painted gray and cost $3000.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylan_Porter View Post
    Eventually yes, but it will have a thumbhole stock and be painted gray and cost $3000.
    Since it's looking like Wilcox will be building them here in the USA, no such luck on the thumbhole stock and gray......and it should be a fair amount less than $3K.
    Employee of colonialshooting.com

Feedback Score

I can think of one reason:

Democrats win the election!

HK past & present loves to engage in the political speculation/influence game (read the other threads about BlackHawk et al). They are always overly cautious, slow and always treat the US civi market as THE last priority in terms of coming to the market.

BUT I STILL LOVE THEIR PRODUCT- Damn I'm sick and there seems like there is no cure.

Feedback Score
    Since it's looking like Wilcox will be building them here in the USA
    If they are made I would assume they would be made in VA. or AL. Please excuse my ignorance but who or what is Wilcox?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

ToddG Guest
    According to one of the H&K guys I spoke to at SHOT, they are planning to begin building the civilian 416 here in the U.S. once the HK45 is well into serial production. He even told me the planned name (something like MSR, Marksmanship Sporting Rifle) but I can't remember what it was.

Then again, this is H&K we're talking about. They could change direction (and ownership) three times between now and the end of '08.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    According to one of the H&K guys I spoke to at SHOT, they are planning to begin building the civilian 416 here in the U.S. once the HK45 is well into serial production. He even told me the planned name (something like MSR, Marksmanship Sporting Rifle) but I can't remember what it was.

Then again, this is H&K we're talking about. They could change direction (and ownership) three times between now and the end of '08.

SWEET! Maybe it will have a grey plastic butthole stock and come with five round mags!
    NOT in training for combat deployment.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumpy196 View Post
    SWEET! Maybe it will have a grey plastic butthole stock and come with five round mags!
    I hope you meant "thumbhole." Either that, or I'm never ever letting you touch one of my guns.

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    LOL!!! Now that was funny!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast